Prologue

Icarus flapped his wings and soared up. This feeling... it was even more addictive than Nicotine.

"Woohoo!" he said as he executed a perfect three sixty in the sky.

Down below, his father,Daedalus, shouted a faint warning about flying too high up.

But, who cared? This surge of adrenaline was something Icarus had never felt before.The old man was probably scared.

" Hell yes, " he shouted as he flapped higher, "Bring it on!"

At an altitude over thousand meters, Icarus noticed something was off. His wings felt too light. Was his diet being too strict?

A drop of molten wax on his feet , however, quickly corrected this notion. To his horror, he found half of his wings had melted away. Oh,crud. His dad might have mentioned a little something about the wings being made of wax.....

Frantic, Icarus chose the most sensible option available. He began a nosedive towards the surface hoping he would get better upthrust from the lower atmosphere for his half melted wings.

Apparently, his wings had other plans. At five hundred meters above the sea, his wings melted out completely. As he tumbled towards the vast expanse of the sea below-falling to his death-Icarus had a stupid grin on his face.He had broken Greece's record for the longest free fall!

From a distance, old Daedalus watched helplessly as his son began his long journey to become petroleum on the ocean floor. He shook his head. Science was so not for the stupid.