- 33 -

Nikki's POV

We got back to my mom's house and Betty was standing right in front of the mailbox.

"Oh hey, Nikki." she smirked.

"Fuck off." I aggressively said.

"You should watch your language. You don't want your kids catching on do you?"

"You didn't have to hurt my children you piece of shit. Whether you like them or not, they're still a part of your family."

She started walking toward me.

"You shouldn't be disrespecting your older sister like that."

"I don't have a sister. I never did." I slapped her. "Don't you fucking dare lay a hand on me, Ethan, nor my kids ever again."

"Tell me something. If you have two kids together, have known each other for 16+ years, dated for 5, why aren't you married yet?"

Ethan's POV

"Because I haven't been asked." Nikki fired back.

Is she waiting for it? Is it time?

"Face it, Nicole. He hasn't asked you because he doesn't wanna spend the rest of his life with you. I personally don't blame him. You're nothing but trash."

"Oh yeah? You've been gone for like 4 years, came back, and yet you still don't got a man. You're not even  married either. So you're one to talk."

"At least if I had kids, it'd be after I got married. You whore."

"There's nothing wrong with having kids before marriage. As long as you can properly take care of your children and make the right sacrifices to make sure they have a good life you'll be okay."

The kids stood behind me.

"You guys go into the house with grandma and grandpa okay?"

They nodded and walked in as quick as they could. I mean the door was right there but still. Alissa held Jason's hand and they slammed the door shut once they made it into the house.

"Ethan go inside."

"What? No."

"Ethan."

"I don't trust you being out here alone with her."

"Nothing's going to happen." she tried.

"Nicole, you're going to break her nose."

"She'd deserve it for hurting our kids."

"So clingy." Betty rolled her eyes.

Nikki balled her fists.

"Don't tempt me."

"What are you gonna do about it, Nicole?" she taunted.

She suckerpunched Betty.

"If you dare touch me or anyone in this family ever again, I'm going to end you and you're really going to get it. And trust me, nothing is going to stop me from doing so."

"Fuck you and this family. Have a nice life."

"It'll be a million times better now that you're not in it."

Betty turned around and walked away.

"Don't ever come back here."

"Wouldn't dream of it." she threw up her middle fingers.

Nikki turned around and reached for the door. I stopped her.

"What? And if you say 'nothing' I'm going to murder you. I'm too tired for this. This day has been a mess. I don't need more shit added onto my plate."

"I was going to ask if you were really waiting for me to ask you to marry me."

"I mean, we've already moved in together. It's kind of like I never left and ruined us."

"You didn't ruin us." I kissed her.

"Let's just go hang out with the kids. It's been a long day." we walked inside.

"Grayson's calling."

"Well, I guess I'll see you inside." Nikki said and walked into the house.

I stayed outside and answered the phone.

"Yo."

"Everything is set up and ready to be presented."

"Oh god. Okay."

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"It's now or never."

"At least you've had things planned for a while now. All you have to do is pray she says yes."

"Wish me luck." I sighed.

"Tell me how it goes."

"Chances are, she's gonna call you and let you know herself."

"You're not wrong."