- 15 -

Nikki's POV

"Mommy, where are you going?" Jason rubbed his eyes.

I walked over to him.

"Mommy's going back home to get more of your stuff okay? I'll be back in a few days."

"Are you gonna go fight bad guys with daddy?"

"Only for a few days okay? Be good to your grandma."

Alissa was still asleep.

"Mom."

"Yes?"

"Will you watch the kids for a few days please? I have to go back to pack up some of the stuff. I don't wanna pay for packers."

"Of course. Is Ethan going with you?" she picked Jason up.

"Yeah."

"Be safe."

"Ethan's outside. I'll see you in a few days."

I kissed her cheek. I ran out to Ethan's car with my luggage.

"You packed light right?" I asked him.

"I don't need as much as you do."

"Dude. Chill out. Aside from all the basic necessities, I just need my eyebrow pencil(s)."

"Sure."

"How many days did you pack for?"

"A week at most."

"Okay great. I don't know how long we'll be there, but I still have some of the clothes I stole from you so."

"Wait what? What did you steal?" he took a quick glance at me. "More of my hoodies? Aside from the one you're wearing right now?"

I never gave him back his hoodies. Which I probably should have when I moved but I didn't. I really don't know why either. Oh well.

"You'll see when we pack."

We got to the airport and bought our tickets. Thank god they had a few seats left and conveniently, there were two right next to each other.

"We should be boarding soon." Ethan said.

I yawned, "and we'll be there in a few hours."

"Are you tired?"

"Just a tad. But I'll survive."

"Rest up then."

"You get used to it when you have to stay up and change diapers and feed all night long. I'll be fine."

"Flight 477, your plane is now boarding. Flight 477."

"That's us."

They opened the gates. The attendant checked our tickets and now we just had to find our seats and get ready for take-off.

"How'd you do this with the kids?"

"They were a little scared so I told them if they sat still then they won't get eaten by monsters." I shrugged.

He gave me the window seat and I looked outside as we took off, watching everything on the outside progressively get smaller. I don't know exactly why I put my hood up, but I did anyway. Then I felt myself slowly falling asleep, I wasn't gonna fight this urge either.

Ethan's POV

After a few minutes, I saw her falling asleep. I rested her head on my shoulder so that she'd be a little more comfortable. Then she subconsciously wrapped her arms around mine. The sleeves on my hoodie were long so she hid her hands within them.

These past few years have really taken a toll on her. I know it. But I'm glad she's okay.

She held two little humans inside of her stomach for nine months. She single-handedly fed, bathed, sheltered, and overall cared for these kids for almost three years. I'm so glad she came back to NJ and glad she's physically here with me. There's no other place I'd rather be when I'm with her.

All of the feelings are still here. They never left. I never brought myself to move on. Not only because I felt as if it was gonna be cheating, but also because I love her so much. We're not officially back together yet, and I don't know if we ever will be. But she makes me feel at home sometimes. Everything gets blurred out and she's the only thing I see.