Less then a second later a relatively big-bellied man strode into the room proudly. A walrus like mustache adorned his face with a cheerful smile attached to his lips. "Hello Tom, first one here as always I see." The man spoke not noticing my added presence to the room.

"Hello sir, delighted to be here as always." Tom cast him an endearing look. "I feel it to be my duty to introduce you to Miss. Pembroke here." Tom added motioning to me. The guy's head snapped to mine quicker than a whip and his smile grew.

"Ah wonderful, you must the new student I was informed about! I'm Professor Horace Slughorn!" The man I now knew as Professor Slughorn walked to where I was sitting and shook my hand. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance." I spoke making sure to keep my manners at an all time high.

"Ah, so the rumors of you being American are true. I've visited the place few times myself, splendid place America is, just brilliant!" Slughorn rambled. "In fact there's quite a few opportunities for talented young wizards such as yourself Mr. Riddle." Slughorn turned the attention to Tom.

I quickly realized that Tom must have been one of Slughorn's  favorite students. "Anyway, what school did you say it was you came from?" Slughorn turned his attention back to me an eager look in his eye.

"Ilvermorny, sir." I smiled at him. "A marvelous school indeed! I expect great things from you Miss. Pembroke." Slughorn nodded before turning to the blackboard. Soon enough students began filing in.

I watched as Malfoy, Avery, and Rosier all took seat in the back of the class. There obnoxious booming laughter soon filled the room along with the chatter of other students. Penelope and Lavender whom I proceeded to wave to took the desk next mine and Tom's.

"Settle down class." Slughorn spoke silencing the class entirely. "Today we have a new student joining us all the way from our friends at Ilvermorny, please make sure to make Miss. Pembroke feel welcome." Slughorn motioned to me. My  face went beet red as a few Gryffindor's wolf-whistled my way.

Out the corner of my eyes I could see Tom scowl and glare at the Gryffindor's. "Ten points from Gryffindor." Slughorn spoke simply causing all the whistling to stop immediately. "Now, today we will be making the Confusing Concoction. The instructions can be found on page one-hundred seventy-three in your books. Begin."

I watched as Tom walked to a cabinet at the back of the room along with about half the class. A multitude of ingredients that I did not recognize filled his arms. The ingredients in his arms looked extremely odd, but then again I've seen weirder. Let me just say the Witches of New Orleans were not strangers to using eerie things in their spells and potions. Actually the things they used were downright scary.

Silently Tom began to boil water in the cauldron while also prepping the ingredients. "You know I'm quite curious as to your excuse to on attacking me last night." That comment caused my mouth to fall agape.

"I did not attack you." I slammed my hands to the table turning my head sharply to him.

"Well it sure did seem that." Tom spoke coldly not even looking at me as he worked on the potion.

"Even if I wanted to cause harm to you I highly doubt I'd be able to, you know considering you're almost two heads taller." I crossed my arms over my chest in annoyance.

Tom smirked slightly probably thinking that his height held a sort of dominance over me. "Of course you're right, I mean that was a sad attempt that you put on last night. You could have at least you used magic, not that it would make that much of a difference." He snickered at me stirred the potion carefully.

"Are you insinuating that I'm not capable of using proper magic?" I questioned incredulously narrowing my eyes.

"Never." Tom spoke sarcastically cutting up some slimy circular object. I huffed rolling my eyes at him looking at down "You're unbelievable." I muttered the words under my breathe.