P R O L O G U E.

A baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.
~Eda J. LeShan

⏳July 18, 2000 A

July 18, 2000 A.D.⌛️

"CORMAC!"

A shout was heard by the American wizard Cormac Pembroke. Cormac Pembroke immediately ran to the source of the noise only to freeze at the sight he witnessed. Lying on the steps of the church being held down by two women was his pregnant wife; Sariel, withering in pain.

Wasting no time Cormac Pembroke quickly appeared at his wife's side. Cormac recognized the two women holding his wife down as Jessica Deveraux and Céleste Dubois. Two well known witches of New Orleans, Louisiana as well good friends of his.

"Cormac she's going into labor we need to deliver the baby now!" Jessica Deveraux shouted at the panicking wizard.

Cormac simply nodded his head in shock watching his beautiful wife scream in agony.

"Snap out of it Cormac!" Sariel yelled at her husband who was simply staring at her.

Snapping out of his daze Cormac instantly picked his wife up and set her down on the large desk-like top at the front of the church.

"Shh, darling you're okay I promise. Within an hour all this pain will be over and our little girl will be in her mother's arms." Cormac lowly whispered sweet nothings into his wife's ear comforting her.

Sariel only screamed in reply holding onto her pregnant stomach. Céleste walked over to the couple with a white sheet in her arms. She threw the white sheet over Sariel's lower half in haste.

The church started to shake, an earthquake taking place. The huge rumble caused both Cormac and Jessica to fall to the ground while Céleste stood over Sariel's body preparing to deliver the Nephilim.

This was no ordinary birth taking in place. Sariel was not human, no she was something else entirely. Sariel was the fifth and final arch-angel created by the hands of God himself. Sariel was one of the most powerful beings to ever exist as well as one of the oldest. There were only five arch-angels ever brought to existence, God's first creations.

For the most part Sariel stayed in Heaven until two years ago when she walked Earth for the first time in a millennia. That was when she met Cormac Pembroke, an American wizard. It was love at first sight, or as most called it the soul-mate bond.

Two years later the first Nephilim in almost four thousand years was being born. A Nephilim was a hybrid between the union of a human and angel. A Nephilim between a human and angel on its own is an extremely powerful being, capable of destroying planets if pushed far enough. A Nephilim between not only a wizard, but an arch-arch as well was unheard of. The power this being would possess could be enough to potentially bring the universe to its knees.