10

I know I told myself I would never come back in this room. But something. Something like dragged me in. Like a person was pulling on me. I felt a cold draft hit my face. I looked around the room. My dad clears his throat indicating he's still there. I looked back at him.

"I'm sorry dad. I didn't know what I was thinking." I said quickly going out the door before he could say another word. I headed to the kitchen and kept thinking to myself. Why did I go back into that room. Something told me I was still dreaming. But I knew I wasn't. When I got to the kitchen my mom was in there sitting at the table. 

"Hey sweety." She said. Than there was a knock at the door. "I'll get that. Carter said he would be back over when his done with his dad." 

She got up from the table to get the door. I really hoped it was Carter. I wanted to see him. He didn't even tell me he was leaving with was kinda sad but I wanted to see him. I peaked around the corner to see who was at the door. 

"Hi Carter." My mom said holding the door open for him,  "Please come in." Carter than walked in. Than I told my mom that I was heading to my room from behind the corner so Carter didn't see me and for them to think I didn't know he was there. 

"I'm gonna go with her." Carter said. Walking away from my mom he caught up with me. I was already up the stairs. 

"Hey." he said. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. 

"Hi." I said. "You didn't tell me you were leaving." 

"I um...Actually did. But I am not gonna tell you what I did." He said looking into my eyes some more. When we got to my room. I sat on my bed. 

"What do you mean? What you did?" I questioned him giving him a look. 

"Promise not to freak?" He said. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. 

"Why would I freak? Just tell me. I promise I won't freak." 

"Okay. I um... kissed your cheek..." 

I looked at him like he was lying. But when I looked in his eyes I knew he wasn't lying. 

"You kissed my cheek?" I asked. Than he sat down on the bed next to me. 

"Ya. I'll do it again if you don't believe me." he said. I begin to blush. No way. He kissed my cheek. I was so tempted then and there to kiss his lips. I thought for a minute. "Should I do it?" I thought. He turned his face towards mine and looked into my eyes again. He leaned in and kissed my cheek. I begin to blush again. He backed away and right then and there I did it. I slowly leaned into him and kissed him. I felt his lips his me back. It was perfect.

When we backed away from each other. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. 

"I love you..." He said slowly...