32

When we pull up outside Dom's house, Brooke is waiting for us outside. She is wearing a tight stripey dress and the tallest, thinnest heels I have ever seen. I know for certain she won't last long in those. We had arrived early to help set up so the house was still peaceful compared to the disastrous monster it will soon become.

Me, Lola, Brooke, Dom and Lucas gather in the living room to discuss job roles. Lola and Brooke volunteer to do food, like filling up bowls with snacks. Dom is on music and I get put on drink duty.

"What about me?" Lucas questions. "Oh you and can help Rosa bring up the alcohol from the basement," Lola says. He turns to me and smiles an enchanting grin. We reach the basement and I discover boxes amongst boxes of beer and vodka, packed away behind old furniture.

Lucas must see my surprised look so says "Dom is always prepared like it's some kind of apocalypse, You should see the stock we have at the apartment!" I laugh and get back to unboxing just a small proportion of his loot. We don't talk whilst doing this, after the past few days I think we are both confused, well I am anyway. Besides I have promised myself not to touch him ever again. He's bad news.

On our third round of transporting the drinks too and from the basement and kitchen my phone pings from my clutch. I had received a text from my mum. As I read it my heart flutters and my stomach swirls.

"I got in!!!" I scream and without thinking I run up to Lucas. He drops a pack of 8 beers onto the concrete floor, as I'm clutching onto him, my legs around his body, straddling him. He supports my ass with his hands whilst my arms are draped around his neck. My lips had slammed into his and now we were making out with passion. "I knew you could make it" He whispers in between kisses.

The way we worked together made my whole body tingle, aching to have it all. He manages to stay hold of me around his body and we still kiss, rarely stopping. It was just too good, he makes his lips trail to my neck sucking, I need to learn how to cover a hickey and fast, I soon begin to feel his bulge harden between his jeans and my legs.

"I knew it!" Says a voice from behind me. Suddenly Lucas drops me to the floor. I turn around to notice Lola standing there with her hands on her hips. Her lips were puckered into a fierce frown as she had watched us make out.

"Lola, it's not what you think!" Lucas begins. You can see the panic in his eyes. We had been caught. Game over.

Lola walks toward us. She points her finger at Lucas "I knew you were cheating on Brooke, you're a hopeless cheating dick. I mean using your stepsister for sex and revenge is disgusting" She practically spits. She grabs my hand to drag me back upstairs.

"Lola no, it's just as much my fault," I say, stopping her in her tracks. "You're telling me, You went behind your friend's backs and dated their boyfriend not caring?!" She says, surprised. I open my mouth to speak, but Lucas interrupts.

"I love her, I love Rosa, my stepsister" He proudly says. Reaching for my hand and squeezing it.

"No, you don't! You liar. You don't love anyone, you're a player!" Lola shouts. "Explain the promise ring you gave to Brooke to promise your fake love," she says.

Lucas sighs. "It was for Rosa"