20

Saturday came around really fast, the last three days I spent shopping for some decent summer clothes, went to the gym or was just binge-watching Netflix.

Early Saturday morning I went on my usual run. I now knew my path off by heart and would always stop off at the coast for a break and some fresh sea air. After, I got a Starbucks iced coffee and walked the rest of the way home. Sue and my dad were leaving at 7 and promised to be back by 11 which of course clashed with the party Lucas was so desperate to go to.

When I returned home it was just in time for lunch. Sue  served a sausage pasta salad which was honestly amazing. Lucas was at Tyler's all day but he promised he would be home for babysitting. Which he better because he knows them way more than me.

It's weird to think I've been here exactly half my time now. I only had 3 more weeks left before I headed back to London.

Lucas got here 30 minutes before they were leaving for the party. I could smell tobacco coming from him but no one seemed to notice unless it was nothing new for them. We said our goodbyes to them as they set off for the party. They seemed like a proper couple tonight,all dressed up and loving eachother. I thought it would be weird to see my dad with someone else.  But honestly I'm glad he chose someone like Sue. She was nice enough.

Belive it or not I had never seen Lucas even touch Maya, however he picked her up and began gliding her through the air making airplane noises. She produced tiny giggles as she spun through the air.

"My turn!" Mike screamed at Lucas. He gently placed Maya in my arms suprisingly so I put her back down in her high chair. "I think you're to big now mikey" A frown began to appear on his face. Lucas saw and reacted quickly. "BUT I'M THE HULK NOTHING CAN STOP ME!" Lucas raged picking Mike up and tossing him around in the air.

Watching the two kids laugh so much at their brother produced a smile across my face,  it showed me that Lucas does have a good life, he shouldn't waste it on drugs, getting drunk and arguing with his mum every day.

Later we fed the kids what Sue had left us, I then went to change Maya into her pyjamas and Lucas got a phone call. He went into the laundry room to take the call. I realised I needed a new nappy for Maya, however they were in the laundry room with Lucas.

I opened the door to Lucas screaming down the phone. "You don't own me Brooke! I'm busy tonight with a friend I don't always need to be at these parties,  besides you know we never hang out at them anyway so now can you leave me alone for 5 fucking  minutes!" He hangs up the phone and turns around to look at me.

"Umm sorry I just needed to grab a nappy." He nods and passes me one. "You know Lucas, maybe if you treat her nicer she won't be so over protective. Don't giver her a reason to be worried your with someone else."

He sighed. Looking down at the floor. "But there is a reason for her to have doubts about me." He says. An awkward silence chokes the room. He continues "I do like someone else".

"You"