epilouge ⇢ can we go party now

Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger.  Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break. Believe the best rather than the worst. Remember that true friendship is the basis for any lasting relationship; the person you choose to marry is deserving of the courtesies and kindness you bestow upon your friends.
- Jane Wells;
marriage advice from 1886.

•••

Dedicated to devotedmendes for her amazing comment on my book dear bully, (which you should all go read lol) it made me smile <3

This is the very last chapter of positive! I would love love love it if you guys could try and get this to 200 votes! It might be unrealistic but I have faith in you guys :)
Please remember that I spent hours writing this book and it will only take you a second and a movement of your finger to vote x

Johnny is now aged 29,
Mackenzie is 28.

When Mackenzie was 25, a few months after being engaged, she gave birth to a girl named Bryah Rose Orlando, she is now two years old and will be mentioned in this chapter <3

•••

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

"Mackenzie, stop crying." Lauren says sternly. "It's your wedding day, not a funeral!"

"I'm sorry!" I sob, laughing a little and waving a hand in front of my face. "I'm just really emotional!"

"Snap out of it, you'll ruin your makeup!" She shrieks.

"Okay okay." I say calmly, talking a deep breath. "I'm good now."

I stand and face the full length mirror that's been placed in the dressing room. A completely different woman stares back at me; one that I'm not quite sure is myself. She looks elegant, poised, and ready to take on the world around her.

"Would you like me to get Bryah from Johnny? Just so you can have time to yourself." Lauren asks me quietly.

"I'd love that." I reply, a small smile spreading on my lips at the mention of my family.

The door clicks shut, and I turn back to my reflection once again. My lips have been painted a pale pink, contrasting beautifully with the earrings in my ears. Dark brown strands of hair have been curled and placed around my face, but the majority of the tresses have been pulled back into a low bun.

And the dress. It's a beautiful design made by no other than my sister, Maddie. It starts with a sheer lace around my shoulders, and this twines together to fall down to my fingertips. The material builds up to be thicker around my cleavage, providing me with some modesty. Tulle and lace spill out from the waist, where it cinches in to make me look taller. All and all it's only just long enough to reach the ground, but it has a small train behind it.

I look and feel beautiful, so much that I could cry. But I won't, because Lauren worked hard on my makeup.

When the door opens again I'm expecting to see Bryah and Lauren, but instead I'm met with Meredith; Johnny's Mum.