4 ⇢ you got that part right

A little party never killed nobody.
– Fergie

•••

Dedicated to iAteTheCookiez99 because her book Dancing with the badboy is amazing and I can't get enough!

•••

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

In the nick of time, we pull up in Lauren's driveway and I notice many people have already arrived.

See, this isn't one of those dumb college parties where red solo cups are littered everywhere and people hookup in the bedrooms. No. This party is for the rich, the elite, and for the people with a good social status. Only a selected few come from Highland Girls and Highland Boys. (Excluding Lauren, who attends Westbrook Central.) The dinner and attire is semi-formal, and while many people flirt and dance there is little to none hooking up. No. That would be considered atrocius.

Sighing happily, I smooth out the fabric of my dark red dress. It's my favourite out of my whole wardrobe, and thanks to my Mom who pulled a few strings I managed to get the dress for free and before it came out in stores. Never underestimate the power of my mother on a mission.

My mother often doesn't protect me or even know what I want; she's not home enough. When she does stick up for me, I always remember it.

Brynn does the same with her midnight blue miniskirt; brushes it down, and I smile at her, hand hovering over Lauren's doorbell.

The sound echoes throughout the house, and I hear Lauren's signature heels clip clopping down the hall. She flings the door open, smiling, but she barely gets to say hello before Brynn and I engulf her in a hug. Laughing, she says, "God I've missed you two!"

"Missed you more." Brynn and I say at the same time, which makes us laugh again.

More couples start towards Lauren, and as she's the perfect host she leaves our side, saying something about how she'll catch up with us later. We share a knowing look before heading to the dining room without her.

When we walk through the doorway, we're immediately met by some of our other friends that go to Westbrook Central, and we catch up, giggling and laughing, for a long time. Finally we're shown towards out table by Lauren, and our group sits down.

"What's with the spare?" Brynn asks Lauren, motioning to the empty seat beside me.

"That's for my idiotic brother..." She starts annoyedly, "who happens to be late– as usual."

I sigh. Johnny Orlando is probably one of the hottest guys in our town, being a skilled musician and a talented football player, but strangely enough for as long as I've known Lauren we've never really crossed paths. I make sure to smooth my lips out with chapstick and run a hand through my hair. No one notices.

Lauren gets up to give a welcome to everyone and thank them for coming before letting the waiters free to serve wine and other alcoholic beverages. When I'm halfway through my first glass, Johnny slips into the seat beside me.

"Shit, I'm so late." He mutters almost inaudibly, obviously thinking no one would hear him.

"Well you got that part right."

•••

[551 words]

So jenzie met ;)

Qotd: do you like cliché stories?
Aotd: sometimes :)

Oh, and before you go...

Make sure to give me a follow ;)