#19

So soft, she adjusted and tried to turn, she felt confined and very weak, she tried opening her eyes, then slowly she did, she looked around, at the very, very bright, white room. Two men were at the left side of the room, she couldn't quiet make out who they were, she tried harder, they moved close, she really tried to keep her eyes open to see them clearly, but her eyes had a mind of theirs.

"Hmmm".
Abruptly caught short from his non-eventful dream, James looked at her as he shifted on the sofa that the doctor had moved closer to the bed when he had realised that James wasn't leaving until the patient got well. He looked at her as she adjusted or tried to, he tried figuring if she was trying to get comfy or trying to get up.
Her eyes opened instantly, then closed, then opened slightly, her lashes made it impossible for him to know if her eyes were opened.
She moved her free hand to her head and winced  "hospital"
"yea, hospital, you are one stubborn lady," she looked at him, trying to recollect who he was, "James?" "In flesh, baby" "don't call me that," James stared at the ceiling and feigned wonder "ceiling ceiling ceiling, what should I call this stubborn lady," Pam chuckled and softened her face "so it's the ceiling that gives you inspiration, and stop calling me stubborn" "when it comes to you, a lot of things gives me inspiration".
She brightened and tried to hide her pink-stained face "why are you here, James" he stared at her; her scowl, splayed honey hair; it had struggled out of the hospital's cap, she looked stunning, even in an hospital bed, "Walter, not Walters, it's high time I corrected you, I can see you forgot me completely" "swiftly" she looked at him squarely.
He knew it was a lie, he just knew, it was weird because he didn't know how he did. He stared at her, he knew Pamela Winters was lying. He laughed heartily "you are the worst liar ever, Winters. Let me tell you here and now, you are one terrible liar" she flushed with embarrassment and was ready to attack him with the same question, but he continued "and to answer your question, I'm here to take you home" he saw her 'never' look and smirked "o yes I am, Ted found you far away from the company, he said the renovating team were ready to do your office but he had forgotten the colour you wanted, so he called you repeatedly, he got worried because you always answered your phone, then decided to follow the road that he had seen you take, he panicked when he didn't see you but saw your car, he knew you wouldn't be at the bakery but he decided to check. All glory to God, he saw you unconscious and carried you, you were brought here and alas, here we are," "wow, that's a download, what did the doctor say is wrong, I remember feeling dizzy, can you get the doctor for me?" " well, I am the doctor 'cus I told him that I'll tell you myself', she gave him a puzzled look, "spill it out" James adjusted and was so close, too fast, Pam had to catch a breath, God give me strength, she gulped.
" you need to rest Pamela Winters and starting right now, you can call and tell Jim all he needs to know concerning the renovation, you can make a long list, but on my account; you are not stepping foot into that company till it opens," she obviously knew that he was angry, even with the composure and calm tone, she obviously knew when this man was angry.
He moved away and looked out the window "Higgins called, she's spending some weeks with Jimmy," she smiled and looked at him, his broad shoulders obstructed her from looking out the window, into the bustling street. With him turned, she took in his lean but muscled frame, his shoulders, his....she shook her head Jesus knows your thoughts, Hell is real Pam.
She could watch him all day but sooner or later, she knew he would turn and the last thing she wanted was to be caught eye googling him.
He turned, helped her to her feet, gave her bag to her and pointed to where she could change and where her shoes were, " Jim was here today, obviously he has your car packed at your place, meet me downstairs" he left.
She stood there, confused, she inhaled and exhaled and combed her hair with her fingers and packed it on top of her head, he might as well leave me, I can take a cab, he was the who had left when she had wanted slow pace, now he's angry, unbelievable.
She wore her shoes, picked her bag and asked one of the nurses where she could find the doctor, she found him in his office; said thanks and left. She stepped out of the skyscraper LandStone hospital and heard the loud blaring noise of a car horn coming from a black Jaguar opposite her, she frowned and walked towards the car, he opened it and she got in.
"You could have just told me that you like me better when I'm deaf, I don't know why you are angry or giving me attitude, you were the one who chickened out when I was going through a divorce, so don't go all protection service on me" "seatbelt" she was confused, he blankly looked at her "your seatbelt". She obeyed and looked at him, no word, he didn't even say a word, she couldn't do this right now.