#14

Awakening with a huge pain in her chest, she struggled to breath, what was that all about, her grandma was dead, had been dead since she was eleven.
She checked the A.C, it was working but she was soaking wet with terror.
She said her prayers; got out of bed, unable to sleep. She checked the time; 2:30am, and sighed.
Retrieving a glass from the cabinet, she downed the juicy supplements and roamed round her living room, she tried not to process the dream, but that was utterly and ridiculously impossible, the day was coming; she was going to be single next week, Zach had tried to get money from her, but she had refused, he had tried robbing her, he had spent a week in police custody until she bailed him out. She felt it in her guts that it won't be a jolly ride, irrespective of what Mr Dowell had said,
"Could he, be the one, grandma? What are you trying to tell me".

Kathy Higgins stared at her boss;who happens to also be her pal, she had come to know Pam from their youth service days, she had been a deadbeat call girl, she never felt bad about it until she met Pam, Pam never made her feel like she was a used-up woman, but Pam had been a friend and had promised to look and cater for her, had bought her new clothes and items; not minding her rude remarks, she had been a mother to her, a sister, had brought her to Christ and made her realise how brand new she was, she had quitted her profession before actually quitting; in her heart, she had made up her mind, never to go back to her old ways and Pam made her realise that she couldn't do it by herself, but only with Jesus Christ, she could remember vividly how Pam had tickled her "God makes everything better, he's the best partner in Christ" she had supplemented the crime with Christ, Kathy remembered how she had laughed so hard and had gotten a knock on her head.
Looking at the same beautiful, amazing woman, she was concerned, watching her pace, watching her confused expression as she waited for her to give an answer about the dream,she had just narrated,
"Kathy?",
"When did Granny die?" "when I was eleven, this is the first time that I'm having this sort of dream", "stop pacing" "ughhhh"
"this means something" "definitely" she voiced what she absolutely could bet on was going on in Pam's head, "do you think it's Zach?" "I don't know",
they both flinched at the knock "come in" "hey, ladies" she immediately felt the tensed up atmosphere, "what's wrong", Kathy told her everything, "wow"
"I woke up sweating, like full blown soaked with the A.C on full blast", "okay, that's bizarre" Carly walked up to her and held her hands "the dream might have happened because of the divorce coming up...might have a meaning, but not the way you think it does" Pam sighed "I don't know what to believe or think,anymore" "let's get out of here, realllyyy tensed atmosphere, ladies" Kathy smiled "yea, I hope my boss won't mind, she's kinda mean", Pam raised a brow and chuckled "really? Yea, let's get out of here, I could use a break".

Pamela Winters smiled "okay, thanks Jim Jim" she laughed at his groan as she cut the line, she sure does love teasing Jimmy Brooke,
"I don't have a nickname" "oh, don't be jealous", James laughed "why shouldn't I" because you've got the lady, she held back her thought, "I don't know, figure it out yourself", he smiled; they both knew they had feelings for one another, but he respected her decision about the divorce, he knew, in between, her pauses that she had to hold back from saying things that would complicate their friendship, he did so also, it wasn't easy but he was trying.
"We have to talk" he adjusted and faced her on the big sofa at the resort, "fire on" "James, I don't....know what this is, I know I have feelings for you and it's dangerous, you know, to the case, I'm still legally married and this isn't right, it's like we are deceiving ourselves, we both know this is wayyy more than 'just friends' ",
James stared at her "what are you trying to say, Pamela Winters", he didn't want to come off too strong, but he did, "I...hmm what I'm trying to say is that, for now, we should not see each other often", James smiled "be plain, Pam, I'm not a child, what do you want", she stood and walked to the fireplace, the stars were beginning to pop out of their hiding place, "I want you but not now",
"I have to go" "James, don't be like this" he looked at her, but wasn't looking at her "when you want me in your life, call me.....might still be on the market" he left.