#15

She was...."wooohh, I'm single",
Carly laughed "yeah", Kathy fetched the tumblers "let's celebrate", they cheered and partied amongst themselves, with a quick lunch, Kathy had conjured: spiced chips, tacos, and peppered barbecues.
Her mind kept slipping to James "I have to go to the Hampton",
Carly smiled "James?" "Yea".

&&&&&&&

She parked the car, got out and looked around, she loved Jimmy, he was so good at finding out people and location.
"Okay,thanks Jimmy" she cut off.
The penthouse that stared back at her was magnificent in its nude appearance, she pushed in the button and got a computerized female voice "your name, please" astonished, she chuckled "Pamela Winters", it took a little more time before the door opened, she saw him standing at the center of the room, in an all white apparel.
"James" he stood,akimbo.
"I almost thought you wouldn't let me in", he shifted "I thought about it", she frowned "oh, urmmm well..." "You're now single...now you want me, isn't that why you came? To get the package?" She frowned at his intrusion,then his words sank in "what are you implying", he smirked "what you heard Pam, what you heard" she wasn't confused, she understood him perfectly,he was angry but his words made her angry too, "you know what, my fault, I came, you shouldn't have bothered opening up" she backed him and inhaled patience.
"You know I didn't want anything to get complicated and when it did, I decided that was the best solution" "really? For you or me" he remained calm, she looked at him: the grown out beard, the amazing green eyes,the perfect cheekbones,the naturally long lashes. She had missed his face "James, the press were talking, people started gossiping" "oh, you care?"
"No, I don't, but us could have delayed the divorce process, my husband would have used it against me, I don't get why you are mean to me", he frowned "really? It all boils down to what I said earlier",
"that what",
"you came for the package", she was getting fed up "you know what, have it your way, I came to the Hampton, didn't I? I came to your place, right? My big mistake, I'll show myself out". She walked out of his suite, took the stone steps, got into her car, I'm not going to cry...'ve cried enough, she drove off. 

********
"Jim, I have to leave",
"Very soon Pam, relax, you don't expect to go so fast...thought you would stay a day or two over there", she looked around the airport and found a seat, hands on her lap "I'm sorry Jim...thought I could leave as quickly as I came.." She massaged her temple.
"You just have to relax..kay? An hour...tops",
"Sure, no worries".

***********
She felt his hands on her shoulders, she turned. "I'm sorry, Pam, I know I was being selfish, no one would like to get who they want and can't be with the person at the same time", she smiled "oh really? I don't want your apology James, why? 'Cus I'm getting on the next plane out of here, I asked you to be patient with me,but you couldn't, did you think it was easypeasy for me?" She turned and stood up. He sauntered to her and caressed her cheeks "I love you and I'm sorry", she looked at him,wanting so much to hug and stay but she wasn't ready to give in...yet. She moved away from his touch "I'm leaving" "c'mon, I'm sorry, do I have to shout it for you to forgive me?" "maybe" he chuckled and got ready to shout. She looked at him,surprised, and immediately covered his mouth;staring at him,she let her hands drop to her sides as he leaned in, "don't ever be mean to me again" she whispered, he was impossibly too close, he smiled "okay" he closed the space.

"It's set".
"Thanks Jim", she packed her bags and headed towards the plane so much for imagination.

                                         24th feb.
She opened the back door, threw her bags and files in, and felt her nerves working at full speed, had someone followed her? She turned and yelped "what are you doing here" she slammed the car door,shut. He laughed and scratched his already sore wound on his left arm, "I came to say hy", what did he do with all the money I gave him, "okay,hy" she opened the door, he closed it before she could get in, she looked at him, "how are you doing,Winters" Zach smiled, nervously.
"What really do you want Zach, tell me, why all this care about my life", he came closer but the look on her face made him take an inch back, "I made a mistake and I want to start over again" "in a parking lot? Stalking me?", he shook his head hastily "no,no, I want to start over with you", she resisted the urge to slap him "I had been a fool when I gave you my heart twice,twice Mister, twice you wicked soul and what did you do, thought you're smart, fooled around, you don't want me Zach Peter, admit it, you want money and I gave you, didn't I? In court, I gave you the amount you asked for, I had been fooled twice by you, never again, I can promise you that, you destroyed everything; your business, your home, your life for bunch of call girls, get out of my way or you would get to enjoy prisoners delicacies" she got in and drove off.
Hands in pocket "it ain't over, Winters".