Diary Entry 1

August 26, 2008

Wellington 

Yesterday afternoon was torture. It was a living hell. There was a shocking earthquake followed by a death-defying tsunami. It was like a 2-year-old throwing a non-stop tantrum with a scream of crashing water.

It started when I was talking on my cell phone to my mum telling her I was about 15 minutes away. I would be quicker but the motorway is jampacked with vehicles going nowhere. Then suddenly it hit us a rumbling shaking out of nowhere. An earthquake hit. It slowly but destructively destroyed everything. When the horrific moment was over I broke my way out of my damaged car. I was too worried that my dad was going to kill me for taking his car with out per mission. That was when I saw a dog rush out and a man emerging from the back of a ute. He told me to shut up and stop being selfish. He also told me to stop worrying about my self and to look for the injured trapped in vehicles. I had decided to start looking. The first car I went to I saw a dying woman just sitting there. I almost screamed it scared me that's when I realized how lucky I am to be alive. by then I had moved on to the next car only to see another horror story there was a paralysed woman sitting there unable to move her legs. My track of thought erased when all I could hear was the lady screaming I see her pointing forward. I turn my head to see what all the fuss was about. All I saw was a giant wave crashing down and demolishing everything in its path. I ran as fast as I could it was no use by the time my heart was beating at the speed of a cheetah the polluted wave hit me. The volger black murky water was swirling around my mouth it tasted disgusting. Then my nose and ears were being filled with polluted slush. I could not smell a thing as the water was drowning my senses.