Chapter 7

(1 week later)

I was sitting on the couch with the girls watching The Nightmare Before Christmas while Len was at the store. We were about halfway through the movie when I heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," I announced. I walked to the front door and opened it. A tall, middle-aged brunette stood on the porch and held some papers in her arms.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Hello, my name is Stacie. I'm from the Canterbury Adoption Agency. I'm here for Maisie and Haylee," she said. I gave her a shocked look. I saw that Len's car was about to pull in the driveway and started to walk towards him.

"Excuse me for a moment," I said to her with a forced smile.

"Hey, what's up?" He said after opening the car door.

"That lady on the porch is here for the girls," I explained. "She wants to take them back to an adoption agency."

"She's what?! No, not on my watch," he said as he walked towards Stacie and I raced to catch up with him.

"Listen, Lady. There is no way in hell I will just let you come here and take away our kids," he growled.

"You mean you didn't call and ask for them to be taken?" She questioned.

"Of course not!" I yelled. She looked over some of the papers in her arms.

"We got a call saying that you wanted to have them taken away again," she stated. Len and I looked at each other.

"From who?" We both questioned at the same time.

"Um...let me see....I believe he said....his name was...Timothy."