Chapter 2 - Walk of Shame

Waking the next morning Steph groaned as the pain in her head reached the pain receptacles in her brain. Rolling over she realised that she wasn't in her own bed causing a longer, louder groan to fill the room.

Having leapt up, something she immediately regretted as her brain seemed to shake inside her skull she quickly slumped back against the mattress.

"Shit!" she said looking around at her surroundings, trying to remember what had happened the night before and who with.

There was an en-suite bathroom she could see and the white voile curtain panels were blowing in the breeze through the open patio door of the bedroom. She attempted to get up again, to get out of bed and realised she was naked!

"Shit!" she repeated as Jon appeared in the doorway.

"And good morning to you!" he said still sounding annoyed, although Steph was beginning to wonder if that was his 'normal' state of emotion or maybe that was just with her.

"Hi," she muttered hiding beneath a sheet as she attempted to hide her modesty, unless he was already familiar with her and her modesty.

"I was taking you home, but as you were incapable of telling me your address I brought you back here, to my flat," he explained.

"I'm naked," she said with and embarrassed flush.

"Yes you are! But not my doing, you managed that yourself and if you're wondering, we didn't screw! I like my sexual encounters to be willing, conscious and able to remember the event."

"Oh, I did wonder, but couldn't recall," she stammered and flushed with a little more mortification as she realised she had just confirmed his first impressions of her being a bit slutty and a tramp.

"Well trust me, you would have recalled if we had, but you don't so we clearly didn't," he said with an expression that suggested he had a bad taste in his mouth.

"You don't like me do you?" she asked bluntly, unsure why his answer might matter quite so much.

He stared at her but didn't answer her question. "Bathroom is over there and clean towels are in the cupboard."

He opened a drawer and pulled out a white t-shirt and a pair of joggers with a pull cord waist.

"They may be a little big, but preferable to the walk of shame home in last night's dress."

"You didn't answer my question," she challenged, somehow desperate to know that he didn't dislike her and didn't really believe she was a tramp.

"No I didn't! Maybe I will over breakfast, or maybe I won't," he said, already turning away.

Steph returned from showering and having brushed her teeth with her finger she found him waiting for her. He was dressed in blue jeans, a tight black t-shirt and trainers. He was impatiently spinning his keys on his finger.

"Come on!" he summoned and passed her last night's shoes to put on and her clothes in a bag,

"I will at least treat you to breakfast before taking you home, assuming you can remember where you live now!" he said firmly.

"I'm not really dressed to go out!" she protested.

"Another reason to stay sober or dress appropriately, or both!" he chided as he led her out.

She quickly took in her surroundings and decided that she was in a bachelor pad, all white and chrome, minimalistic, simple pieces of art, modern, adorning the walls, wooden and tiled floors, no carpets. As they stepped into the lift she felt a sense of deja vu. He stared at her and smiled. She smiled back feeling slightly confused and thought she should say something, but what?