+ Chapter two +

“Thank you so much,I can see better now.” Dover smiled at the boy who helped him wipe his glasses off.

“What are you guys doing in the water?The sun is about to set and the beach is currently closing down.You guys should head back home.” He replied,ignoring half of what Dover had said.

“What is your name?” Aurora asked,she too ignoring the boys orders.

“Phillip and you are?” He replied with a proud grin,as if he likes the sound of his own name being said by his voice.

“Aurora and this is my friend Dover.” Aurora pointed to Dover who gave a shy smile and a quick wave (although his heart sank a little when Rori addressed him as her friend).

“And we should leave because King—I meant our dad will be looking for us if we don't head back to the pal—house any time sooner.” Dover said to Phillip as he dragged Aurora's arm.She yanked herself free from his grasp.

“Father can wait.” Aurora replied,completely blindfolded by Phillip's handsomeness.She dreaming-ly gazed into his sea blue eyes,which reminded her of her father.

Phillip also locked his eyes with hers,his eyes never leaving her incredulous purple eyes.Dover swam in between them,blocking his and hers view.Aurora snapped out of the gaze,and shook her head.

“Dover is right,Father will be—” Something from beneath grabbed Aurora's tail,as well as Dover's and they got plunged downwards.Phillip gasped.He dived underwater to search for them but found....

Nothing.

No trace of Aurora nor Dover.His heart pounded against his ribcage as he imagined what could have taken them,a shark,or even worse that gigantic octopus he saw in a documentary.He sighed and swam back to the shore.

King Seth dragged Aurora and Dover behind him.He was furious,Aurora could feel the heat from his skin.She tried to release herself from his hold but he held on tighter each time she tried.

“Dover!” A voice boomed behind them.Dover,Aurora and King Seth turned around at the sound of the gruff voice.

“Dad,I can explain.” Dover pleaded with his father.His father's blue and majestic tail stood up in absolute anger.

“I would like to hear what you will say.” King Seth spoke out.Aurora could sense and see the anger on his face.He was going to rage out any minute if she says nothing.

“I had a bad dream and thought maybe I could play chess with one of the palace guards.I searched until I found Dover on garden duty.I spoke to him,told him my fears of tomorrow and he thought it would be best if I were to see that the mainland isn't as scary as I imagined it would be.We met this boy named Phillip,and then you pulled us down.” Aurora explained in the most suitable words she could find. “Father,I know you are probably fuming with anger right now but I promise you,it is my fault entirely,not Dover's.If you wish to punish someone here,punish me but not Dover father.”

King Seth choked on his own spit,it was a sight indeed to see his daughter taking blame for something she did.Maybe turning sixteen has it's perks.Dover's eyes were wider than any rock you can find,his father was shocked as well.They all were actually.

“I shall punish no one.” King Seth breathed out.Aurora let out a little sigh of relief at what her father had said.

“Sire,” Dover's father spoke out.He eyed Dover and Aurora. “I would like to know if my son and Princess Aurora are in a lover relationship.”

“What?!” Aurora and Dover yelled in unison.King Seth burst-ed out with laughter which he could not contain.Dover's father looked at him,scanning his face.

“What makes you think that Aquifer?” King Seth asked,with laughter pouring out on each word.

“Well,it is not my place to say but,” He started.Aurora could hear her heart beat faster and her breathing stopped for a moment.Dover's ears ached with confusion and curiosity.His eyes watery from anxiety. “Aurora is always around Dover and I umm...I umm...I am sorry your royal highness but I found them kissing two days ago,in a corner.”

At that exact moment,Aurora wished she were invisible or at least in Phillip's strong and bulky arms.Dover's right eye twitched with every breath he took in,his stomach swirled and did the flip-flop.Aurora's stomach ached and as well did the flip-flop.

Her father knows the truth.

****
Hi!Hope you liked this chapter.

Turns out Dover and Aurora are friends with benefits.Wow,I seriously didn't see that one coming,okay maybe I did.

TakenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara