Part 9

Lauren's POV

I reached the beach and walked towards the ocean. The water was cold, colder than usual it gave me the shivers. But I carried on anyway I jumped on my board and paddled out the surf was massive about 12 foot. I turned my board around to face the shore. A wave was looming behind me I started to paddle in . I then stood up and started to surf but little did I realise that I was in a barrel. So I kept my cool and carried on surfing. I knew that if I got swallowed up by the wave there is a chance of breaking my neck by hitting the sand bank.

And ... I survived yay this will be fun to explain to dad. I got to the shore and looked at my watch wow 12:30 already oh god I said I would be home at 12:00 crap I grabbed my surfboard and put it under the tower where it usually stayed and put my bag over my shoulders and ran through the streets of Bondi.

I eventually got home three minutes later I opened the door to see Deano and Lilli looking at me I awkwardly smiled.

"Sorry.... I was .... Late because... I was .... Surfing ... And I ..... Lost track.... Of time... So I ran.... Home and I just .... Got .... Back" I said out of breath. Dad just chuckled

"Guess what" he said

"Let me guess, not a clue"  I said

"We're going on holiday, to Africa" he shouted I was so excited I was genuinely happy but I've never been in plane or to another country for that matter.

'Dad, I've never been on a plane' I said.

'Its fine don't worry' dad said.

'When are we going'

'In three days'

----------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.

I need an extra character, so if you want to be that extra character leave in the comments.

Full name

Age

Gender

Hair colour

Description

Where they live

Life story (summarised)

The competition closes at 12:00pm GMT on the 1st of January.

Thanks again

LAUREN.