The Death of Molly Esquivel

High Profile Rape Case involving the Ramirez and Esquivel Clan ends up in Suicide

Manila, Philippines— Molly Esquivel, daughter of the Andres Esquivel of Esquivel Group of Companies, took her own life following the acquittal of Nathaniel Pierce Ramirez from the charges of rape. Molly's parents say police investigators mishandled her rape claims. They also believe her alleged rapist escaped prosecution because of his prominent and wealthy family.

The Timeline

September 2015

According to her friends, Esquivel was an introverted girl during her first two years on campus. She took up BS Business Management, and attended the same school as Ramirez—who was then on his last year in law school.

That all changed in September 2015 after meeting Ramirez, 4 years her senior. Rumors about them going out kept on being reported, but nothing was ever confirmed.

December 2016

The worlds of business and politics were shaken when a member of a well-known political and business clan got involved in a rape charge. Congressman Ramirez, the father of Nathaniel Ramirez, denied all charges alleging the involvement of his son in a rape claim by Molly Esquivel.

According to unverified reports, both Nathaniel Ramirez and Molly Esquivel attended the same party hosted by a common friend. Pictures leading up to 11pm can prove the there was an interaction between the two. Then came afternoon of the next day when an official case of two counts of rape was filed against Ramirez.

September 2017

After more than a year of investigations and hearing, the court finally decided to acquit Ramirez from all charges of rape. It was said that the prosecution could not present clear evidence that would prove the guilt of the defense. Because of this, Nathaniel Pierce Ramirez walked free last September 23, 2017.

October 2017

A week after the announcement of acquittal, a shocking statement was given by the Esquivel family, confirming the death of Molly Esquivel. No specifics are released regarding the death of the only heiress of the Esquivel wealth.

Nathaniel Ramirez still remains silent about the sudden death of Molly Esquivel.