Spring - Part 3

"Hold still," I huffed, utterly annoyed.

I had no idea anyone could squirm so much in a single sitting - especially a 24-year-old man. Harry adjusted his sitting position once more, before breaking out into laughter.

"This isn't funny! How on earth do you expect me to get this painting right if you're wiggling?" I tried to sound stern, but the words came out in between giggles.

"I'm sorry, love." He tried to regain his composure. "How far have you gotten?"

"I just have to finish your chest..." My gaze went straight for his chiseled abdomen. I admired how unphased Harry was when it came to being shirtless. He could take off his shirt at any time or place and did not care who saw. The only difference now was that I no longer had to gaze from a distance, he was now mine.

Harry and I had become inseparable since the night we shared at the ball. Everyone we knew showered us with adoration once we shared the news. Mia took the longest to get acquainted with the idea of Harry and I together, but that was mostly because she didn't understand how we could kiss each other without being husband and wife (bad parenting on my part, I guess). But once she finally understood, she was ecstatic.

"Grace..." Harry whined, his face sat in his palm and he looked like he was about to slump out of his chair.

"Alright," I sighed catching on. "I can finish this later."

Harry grinned and jumped out of his seat. He took my hands and lifted me out of my seat; his arms wrapped around my waist before he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I think my de-stressing time is over." I murmured against his lips.

He groaned. "Not yet, how about a glass of wine?"

"We've already had two..." I reminded him, pecking his lips again.

"Fine, dinner then?"

"Harry, we have to pick up Mia from Gemma's, and then I have to get some sleep before tomorrow."

I had finally gotten a callback for an interview from a local art gallery in the city. The gallery was owned by a woman named Annaliese Fordham who was a big deal in the art history of Manhattan. She had been looking for a new studio and came across Harry's company. He weaseled his way into getting me an interview.

"Why do you look nervous?" Harry's eyes narrowed as he caught my anxious expression.

"I just feel like I'm so close... I could have a job by tomorrow; a job with Annaliese Fordham."

"No..." He shook his head. "You will have a job with Annaliese Fordham."

"You have too much faith in me..." I muttered.

"Well, you're the reason that I do." I felt his lips press against my forehead. He slowly made his way down to my neck and began to place soft but irresistible kisses.

"Harry..." I tried to find self-control but to no avail.

"One more round..." he whispered in between kisses, "then we'll pick up Mia."

"Fine..." I moaned. "Make it quick."

**

"Mama!" Mia giggled as I tickled her from behind. After what was supposed to be ten minutes (which turned into 30), we arrived at Gemma's house.

"Thanks for entertaining her, Gem," I whispered, wrapping an arm around Gemma's shoulder.

"Anytime. I just hope that de-stressing time was worth it." She snickered and sent a wink my way.