Last Chapter

The rest of your time together was spent finishing up the project. The whole time, however, was uneventful; other than the usual screams from Momo as she suffered being Mineta's partner, as well as the sound of Bakugou's random tantrums that came from nowhere. However, Izuku didn't take much notice to either situations, being that A), both happened quite often, and B), he was too concentrated on planning his own "little project."

Izuku had been sitting at his desk busying himself with a few things since you left a few hours ago. A small index card was underneath the tip of his pencil - the paper slathered in words and scribbles. He'd called Uraraka right after you left, asking her for a bit of help with his plan. More than happy to help, she attempted to give him as much advice as possible in between her high-pitched squeals and screams.

The bouquet of heliotropes was placed in a vase filled with water that was set right next to him and his collection of All Might figurines. There was a thick-string of twine wrapped around the stems, tied off with a little bow in the front.

"It's almost like a real life romance!" Uraraka commented earlier.

"I-Is that a bad thing or a good thing?" Izuku asked nervously.

He could hear Uraraka's laugh from the other end of the line, "Ha ha, silly! It's in a good way. She'll love it, no doubt 'bout it!"

Izuku smiled at the thought. Even if you liked cheesy, though, he really hoped he wasn't over doing the cheese.

There were several other index cards crumbled in his trash can next to him. All of them were rejected copies from both him and Uraraka; he guessed more than twenty of those cards were piled in there.

As he lifted his pen, he furrowed his eyebrows as he scanned for any mistakes. Seeing none, he grabbed for his phone and sent a picture of the infamous not to none other than Uraraka.

A few seconds of deathly silence passed. Izuku twiddled with his fingers for a bit, waiting eagerly for her response.

And then there went a small beep.

He rushed to his phone as he opened his message.

"OwO WOW!!! IT'S GREAT I'M SO EXCITED!!" He let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks! ^w^ I couldn't have done it without you!" He texted back.

"Aghhh, no problem! Now go get some sleep, you got a lot coming for you tomorrow!" Izuku sighed, saying good night to Uraraka and thanking her again before plugging his phone into its charger. He placed the index card inside his folder before going back to his bed.

Index card, flowers, good, He thought as he pulled up the covers. Ready and set. Now, He lay on his eyes, heart beating faster and sweat drizzling down his face.

just gotta wait for tomorrow.

~

Tomorrow came too soon for Izuku's taste.

Half of his morning was spent fretting over what he was going to say. He kept checking his backpack, making sure that the card and flowers were where he had placed them the night before. Or a couple of hours before. Same thing.

Izuku had only grabbed a single granola bar before heading out earlier. The sun was just barely peeking out of the horizon when he stepped out of his house, and again, there were only a few people scattered here and there.

The other half of his morning was spent normally without any interruptions (other than an occasional scream of excitement when he saw another hero, and or a figurine of All Might on sale). and there were, of course, the random times when he'd whip out his folder to check if everything was still there, earning him a small laugh and pep talks from Uraraka.