Chapter 2

The cafe bustled with life, several people decorating the entrance of the shop as they had carefree conversations. The thick scent of coffee lingered in the room, with small dashes of sweets baking in the oven. Slivers of sunlight decorated the empty seat in front of him as he waited for you. He bit his lip.

The coffee cup in his hand warmed his stiff fingers. His nerves wouldn't stop steeling his muscles, nor would his heart stop running miles and miles, each beat faster than the last. He nervously mixed the coffee together as he kept glancing at the door.

The list of places that he brought was neatly tucked away in his jacket pocket. He would check his phone every now and then, seeing the familiar white numbers pop up on his screen, and every time, he would glance at the glass door ahead of him. When the rusted bell that hung over it rung loud and clear and pierced his ears, his eyes would shoot in its direction and check if you had arrived yet.

And just like so many times before, when the little bell rung out its sweet song, his eyes darted towards the open door. He could see you standing there in your outside clothes as you looked around for him. His heart stopped.

"Ah, Midoriya! There you are. Sorry I'm so late, I had to do something earlier," You plopped yourself in your chair as you began to take out a notebook. You placed it on a desk and hurriedly flipped through the pages until you stopped at a hurriedly done list.

"O-h, ah, no. It's okay," He could feel his cheeks slowly taint themselves red as he smiled a bit. "I, ah, also got you some coffee," He pushed the cup towards you. Your eyes widened for a quick second, but you soon smiled back at him.

"Ah, thanks! I really appreciate it. Sorry you had to pay for it, I'll pay you back now. I think I might have a few bucks in here somewhere-"

"Um, no. I-It's okay. It's on me," He smiled and blushed with his eyes downcast.

"Oh, um, okay. I guess I'll just have to take you up on your offer, then," You chuckled as you took out two pencils, giving him the other one. He hesitantly took the other pencil from you, quietly thanking you for your offer. He then opened his mouth as if to say something, his fingers twiddling with themselves. "And, um, please just call me 'Izuku' or 'Deku'," He blushed, "I don't mind either one."

You nodded and smiled again, "Izuku it is, then! Also, do you have your list with you?" Izuku nodded and brought out his paper. You took it from him and looked through the list, nodding and raising your eyebrows every so often as you sipped on your coffee.

"Wow! You really went all out on this, huh?" A small giggle escaped from your lips. His eyes trailed towards his hands as he began to drink his coffee. "Oh, er, yeah. I didn't want to mess it up for us."

"Oh, that's really considerate of you. I'm glad you're my partner," He could feel a warm sensation crawling up his cheeks as he thanked you. You chuckled back at him before pointing to the circled places on his list. "How about we first go to the town square? I heard that there are some cool stuff there, plus, the cherry blossom trees are starting to bloom - we could take some really nice pictures for the project!" He nodded, sipping on his coffee as he signaled you to continue. "And then we can go to the city park, or we could do that first, I don't mind. And for the next one," You paused and looked at him. "You can pick."

He gave you a shaky nod and hesitantly took the paper from you. He began to scroll over each place until he found a, rather interesting destination.

"How about the theater?" He pointed to the two places with his pencil as he nervously waited for your reply. "The theater is one of the oldest buildings in the city, and the city park has a lot of exotic flowers that are native to our region," He could feel small beads of sweat form on his forehead as you furrowed your eyebrows a bit. "Not bad," You smiled at him, "I like your taste."