Chapter 18.2 - Offer

Start from the beginning

Now, that we have all been introduced I wish to make it clear, that we are all here to discuss the terms of sale for potion Z, any other business is to be conducted separately at another point in time."

Mr. Noir smiles thinly at his Mr. White in response. "Indeed, it would be a grand oversight considering we're all gathered here together," Mr. Noir sarcastically said as Mr. White glares back. Sparks almost fly over the conference table, but the two men swiftly recompose themselves.

A moment later, Mr. Noir calmly declares, "Marchen Inc. is willing to sell the recipe to the private parties for a certain price and terms of conditions."

Mr. White leans back in the seat and aloofly says, "Name the price."

"Marchen Inc. is not interested in monetary payment, but rather in terms of services that can be rendered in exchange," Mr. Noir coldly said studying the surprised faces of the three organization members.

Mr. Hoover moves to speak, but Mr. White holds up his hand signaling him for silence. Mr. White's bargaining position would be severely affected otherwise. Mr. White carefully says, "What are the services and terms requested?"

Mr. Noir glances down for a moment at his portfolio before glancing up. "Firstly, neither of the parties may resell the recipe to any other organization, group, or private buyer. The recipe must be strictly kept under wraps with neither of the parties to reveal the origin of the recipe. Should either of these terms be broken, my client will demand payment in clandestine form. For every dollar made by the creation or use of the potions, 1/3rd must be paid for including any past use, present, and future use," Mr. Noir carefully enunciated, pausing a mere moment to allow the terms to sink in.

Mr. White hides his pleasure at the terms, a fair agreement considering the value. The three representatives nod in agreement. The terms were practical and more importantly, exactly along the lines they were planning.

"The rest of the terms are regular standard business practices, which I am sure, Mr. White will agree to after reviewing them. Now for the services requested in lieu of payment. Please wait until I am finished, before asking any questions regarding the services to be rendered.

From the Guild, Marchen Inc, requests that adventures may be permitted to buy or sell private items to Marchen Inc. without the need for public disclosure. In lieu, Marchen Inc. agrees to not buy no more than half of any guild collected items. In addition, Marchen Inc. agrees to pay an appropriate fee to the guild for any purchased or sold item that pertains to the guild.

From the Heroes Association, Marchen Inc. requests to be allowed to hire and train D and C-class heroes. Permitting guards and employees the opportunity to branch out or hold legal standing in protecting the auction house and guests accordingly. Any trained employee or guard that wishes to leave must remain for a year's tenure period before the contract expires. With the exception being that of C-class Heroes, a requirement is that of two years and if in a position of supervision, a total of three years.

And from the government, Marchen Inc. requests that the auction house associated with Marchen Inc. be registered as the first government-authorized auction house with access to the private government craftsmen and suppliers including permission to contact and purchase supplies directly from said suppliers. Marchen Inc. requests no legal authority merely an official security clearance to that information," Mr. Noir quietly declared as the three parties look surprised but intrigued. None of the terms offered were outrageous and were quite reasonable given the circumstances. But why did it seem as they were getting the worse end of the deal?

Mr. White also couldn't find a fault in the rather simple request of services. Still perturbed he expectantly turns towards his clients. The parties are quiet for a moment until Mrs. Partridge breaks the tension. "The guild finds no fault in the request, but there is still a matter of an official response from the guild headquarters. We will have the documents ready by tomorrow," Mrs. Partridge croaked.

Mr. Hoover quietly chimes in, "The Heroes' association is in the same position."

Mr. X is silent for a moment before saying, "The government will require confirmation that Marchen Inc.'s defenses are inaccessible. There are government suppliers who remain anonymous for certain reasons."

Mr. Noir hides a smile and says, "Thank you, I can send the paperwork to write away and Mr. X to whom should I send the requested information too?"

Mr. X points to Mr. White to which Mr. Noir grimly nods in acknowledgment. Before the meeting can continue, Izo interrupts, "Is there any further need for my presence? I believe the three parties only wished to meet me and they have. I trust and am sure that Mr. Noir will be more than sufficient to fulfill any questions."

Without awaiting a response, Izo leaves the conference room as the door firmly closes behind her. The remaining members are left with a mix of expressions. Mr. Noir smiles apologetically and says, "Miss Reed lacks patience in such situations. She prefers duress." The three representatives ask for more information on the specific details. An hour goes by before the questions are satisfied and Mr. White is satisfied. Mr. Noir escorts the group to the elevator before returning to his office to file the needed paperwork.

The group in the elevator is quiet until Mr. Hoover bluntly says, "Miss Reed is a rather firm woman."

Mrs. Partridge wings flutter in response as she icily replies, "Firm? I would hazard to say, that woman is a threat. The real question is how did she get her hands on such a recipe. And if you noticed, she only asked that we not sell the recipe, that does not mean she will not sell it herself."

"No, Miss Reed does not strike me as that sort of individual. Rather I believe that today's surprise is merely one of many," the mysterious, Mr. X gravely said to their surprise.

Mr. White wisely says, "Sir's and Ma'am, I do not wish to remind you that this is a public elevator and we are discussing private information."

Mr. Hoover sheepishly shrugs while Mr. X does not react other than remaining usual silent. However, Mrs. Partridge wings flutter anxiously for a moment, while glaring darkly at Mr. White. Her sharp nails on her hands reflexively clench as if thinking of bloodier scene. With great relief, the elevator door opens allowing the group to separate and go their different ways. Still, each figure was left contemplating the deal, but most especially enigmatic woman known as Miss Reed.