Chapter 16.2 - Brawl

Start from the beginning

Grendel grins as he climbs to his feet and moves forward. To his surprise, the scythe flies toward him and he barely ducks to the side as the scythe becomes impaled into the wall. A kneecap slams into his face as the woman holds onto his grisly head and repeats the motion. Crying in pain, Grendel's nose splits open and before the woman can repeat, Grendel's flailing hands tear into her flesh almost to the bone.

Izo goes flying onto a pile of skulls, causing her to skitter down a mound of bones. With her side bleeding heavily, Izo doesn't waste her time to heal herself as she doesn't even feel pain. Grendel roars with anger at his broken nose and surges forward in rage and bloodthirst. Raising his club up, with full strength Grendel brings onto the stupid woman.

Izo dives under the club and slides between his feet as her hands grab to his ankles and pulled forward. Grendel falls face first into the ground, strong enough to make the room quiver. Izo rolls to her feet and races for her scythe in the wall. Just barely pulling it out a whooshing sound behind her warns her as she throws her to the ground as Grendel's club slams straight through the wall.

Izo barely able to bring her scythe up as Grendel slams her into the ground. Standing over her, Grendel kicks Izo's scythe out of her hands with ease. With relish, Grendel slams his heels into the woman's body as cracking sounds are made by her rib cage with every blow.

Grendel's kicks pound into Izo causing blood to splatter out of her mouth. With each body blow, Izo hears cracks inside her body as the earth visibly cracks further under her with each blow. But nonetheless, Izo struggles to free herself to no avail as her arms and legs begin to break as she attempts to block the body blows only to have Grendel smash his fists into them.

The beating only stops once the woman ceases to struggle. Grendel with resignation stops his enjoyment of the sport. He leans in close to see if the woman is still breathing. Before he can react, the woman bites him on the ear and tears it off. He lets out a loud shriek as he tosses the woman aside and holds the bleeding remnant of his ear. Furious, Grendel kicks the woman for several more minutes until he becomes bored. Grendel climbs to his feet barely glancing at the badly mushed body that yet lived.

Grendel grins and climbs his feet to retrieve his club to end this farce of a match. Grendel reaches for his club when the back of his hair stands on end. Grendel's body trembles with an unknown emotion, one that he had never felt before. Grendel furrows his brows in confusion and anger. Roaring with fury, Grendel turns around to finally end this.

Izo feels that most of her body is beyond salvation as she tries to chant a healing spell and fails. She had forgotten a vital detail; spells didn't work on this area of the dungeon. Izo rolls to her side and coughs out a mouthful of blood. Trying to crawl to her feet, Izo's conscious goes in and out, when a familiar box appears before her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements have been met: Reformation and Insanity Break will be initiated in 3,2,1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A dark shadowy flash later, the figure of Izo is perfectly healed as sparks of black energy flicker off her body. A leering smile spreads onto Izo's face largely resembling the Cheshire's grin as Izo merely holds out her hand as if in calling, when the World Tree Scythe literally returns into her hand. Izo flexed her neck from side to side as if loosening up tight muscles. Izo giggles softly as Grendel turns around to face her.

Grendel stiffens at the unholy sight. The woman is bathed in an eerie black light that pulses around her. A broken grin is on her face as she chuckles to herself out loud. Grendel narrows his eyes in fury at the woman who is clearly mocking him.

Grendel roars with rage and dives forward at the woman who doesn't even move. Until the last second, suddenly Grendel has the urge to stop. Following his instincts in confusion, Grendel stops as a blur barely passes before him just nicking his nose. Grendel swallows as he recognizes the blur, a scythe, that would have taken his head with a single step more.

Grendel brings his staff up to block the next blow that sends him flying backward. The cavern shakes as Grendel slams through one of the few remaining walls. Grendel doesn't have time to breathe when a scythe flips through the air towards him. Grendel rolls to his side as the scythe just misses him by scant inches and becomes impaled on the wall next to him.

Grendel widely reaches for his club to only find that his club has disappeared. Glancing around, Grendel sees a wide grin on that woman's face, who says, "Finders' keepers," and shakes her finger at him with a tsk-tsk sound of disappointment and disapproval at his actions.

The feeling of powerlessness vanishes as Grendel is filled with renewed fury. Grendel roars with such bloodlust that his eyes turn red. A whistle through the air warns him as a blur is suddenly behind him. Grendel turns around to attack when blood suddenly spurts from his mouth. Feeling a burning sensation, Grendel looks down with disbelief to see a scythe plunged into his chest that is steadily being pulled upward. Grendel chokes on his own blood as he is pushed further up into the air and is virtually cut open from the inside out.

Izo pulls up with a final tug as her scythe cuts through the skull of Grendel in half. The corpse of Grendel flops to the ground before vanishing into thin air as items gently fall to the ground in his place. Izo is puzzled for a moment until she hears a voice in her ear that said, "Effects of Insanity Break will cease in 3,2,1."

Izo dazedly blinks her eyes as her memories return to her. Izo chokes as she remembers the sheer madness of her actions. Izo sighs and mutters to herself, "It's a bloody pink jelly, but it has scary as hell blessings. Just what kind of God is it?" Izo gets a queasy feeling and decides it's better to stop that train of thought.

Izo's eyes brighten upon spotting the fallen items and dead man's treasure with glee. Izo happily puts her scythe away and she hurries to collect her precious money. Hours later, satisfied she had found every item reachable, Izo moves to leave until she spots something off-putting about the throne. During their fight, Izo had smashed through the throne and caused the heavy throne to move. A dark space was revealed to be peeking from underneath the throne. beneath. Curious, Izo pushes the throne completely off to reveal stone steps. After a moment of internal debate, Izo ventures into the depths of the dungeon.