JANUARY 11TH 1978

DEAR PADFOOT,

I MISS YOU. I KNEW THAT LOVING ME WAS A MISTAKE AND I DIDN'T WANT TO BE THE REASON YOU DIDN'T HAVE SOMEONE TO RETURN TO YOU. I HEARD ABOUT YOUR PARENTS AND I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT MY DOORS ARE ALWAYS OPEN FOR YOU TO COME AND STAY. I HOPE REMUS IS OKAY. I'VE TRIED TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH MIAOMORYI BUT SHE HASN'T BEEN ANSWERING MY LETTERS. JUST KNOW I'M ALWAYS HERE.

Mar.

ACT I | SCENE II

( Girl is tired. Her arms ache from the pains she had developed over the past few months and her stomach groans for food. She misses her friends. The house had become a solemn prison rather than a place of love and passion. Her meetings with the other members of the group had become satisfied with achievements yet she feels like a failure. Was this the way that he felt in the moment of murder? Damaging innocent humans for the glory and satisfaction? But the act was for her parents. For she wanted to make them proud. She wanted them to smile at her because she was the pride and joy they had asked for. Yet they only stared at her through shame and blood, forcing her to commit to things she hated. She hated it. Thoughts spiralled her mind as she tried to concentrate on her task that very moment. She thinks about how she misses the very boy she had fallen to become infatuated with. She thinks about her best friend's misfortune and how she feels like she is partially to blame for her new characteristic. She thinks about Remus and how he needed a friend to comfort him. And then she thinks about her brother, the one piece of family she had yet to lose. So she remembers that it was never the war that mangled up the current thoughts inside her head. But rather the fear of failure and disappointment in this society that was crumbling into rubble. Another victim falls as she falls to her knees, rubbing the bloody hands on her bloody dress. )

JANUARY 29TH 1978

DEAR MIAOMORYI,

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY AND IT HURTS KNOWING THAT YOU PROBABLY STILL HATE ME FOR WHAT I DID. EVERYONE MISSES YOU AND WE ALL WANT YOU TO BE SAFE. REMUS WON'T STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU AND I'VE HEARD THAT HE'S BEEN KEEPING TO HIMSELF RECENTLY. JAMES WON'T STOP CRYING AS I'VE BEEN TOLD BY SIRIUS AND, WELL, I MISS THE FACT THAT I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE YOU AGAIN WITHOUT OUR FAMILIES GETTING INVOLVED. I HOPE KOREA IS ALRIGHT. LOVE YOU.

Mariella.

( Boy sits beneath his umbrella as the rain continues to fall above him. There were no letters at breakfast and there were none at lunch, dinner or tea. The times had grown dark as the year had progressed and the thoughts in his mind hoped that her name wouldn't appear amoungst the others in the Daily Prophet. She was dangerous, James would continue to say despite having to avoid the earshot of Remus and his own troubles. The full moons had been taking tolls upon him, strengthening the emotions of heartbreak and pain he would feel when the girl he had once loved came to mind. The nicotine no longer had an effect on him as his mind was clear and not blocked from the lies and false promises he could still recount of when his old lover flooded his mind. Could he even call her a lover? She used him as a rebound, a distraction. Her kisses were salty mix of seduction and lust the more he tried to forget about her. He missed the voice of Mariella. He missed her smile. He missed each flaw and fault that she carried along with her. He missed it all. The smoke spiralled only a few metres into the air before becoming dampened into the ground like nothing. He sighs once more. )

JANUARY 30TH 1978

DEAR MARIELLA,