XII

josh

about a week after that really weird incident with alex and will in the hallway had happened, george came back to school. he wasn't happy and giggly like he normally was, no, he was silent and shy. george's voice didn't echo through the hallways and his laugh didn't boom through the tiny space that was our classroom. he sat quietly in art and twisted the pen against his long fingers as he thought about what to fill into that worn out journal. he filled my mind so often that i wanted to be that fucking journal. i wanted george to take me everywhere he went, holding me close. he scribbled into that damn notebook for another 20 minutes before packing up for the day. he placed the journal onto his desk and left to go to the bathroom. i glanced around the room to find that the class was too engrossed into their phones to notice anything around them. i swiftly grabbed the journal and searched through the pages. i skimmed over the short male's messy handwriting to find that it was filled with something i wasn't expecting, poetry. the bell rang and the class got up and made their exit out of the room. i quickly tried to read more of the book before putting it back in its rightful place before george came into the room, failing. i heard george coming down the hallway so i panicked and made the worse mistake of my life, i shoved the book into my backpack and left the room. on my way down the hallway i heard a blood curdling scream that belonged to none other than george, guilt engulfing me. what the hell am i doing?