Part Fourteen

"Where's Liam taking you tonight?"

Cheryl smiled to herself at the mention of Liam as she looked up at Lily through the mirror; her blonde-haired assistant and best friend now standing behind her, fixing her hair in a trendy up do whilst leaving some of it to flow down her back in loose waves. Her brown eyes sparkled in the lights, her mascara giving her eyelashes that girlish curl that would remind those around her of the Disney animal character, Bambi. Her lips were covered with a dark red lipstick that made them stand out, and her eyeshadow had the smoky effect to bring out her eyes more.

And her trademark dimples were out in full force, which they had been for the last few weeks since one of the most magical rollercoasters she had ever been on began.

Cheryl had never been one to date someone she had been so close to for years. There was always that fear when dating a best friend. What if it all went wrong and she was left hurting more than she'd ever hurt? What if she went in too deep, to the point where if things went wrong she couldn't have her friendship with him back? So many what ifs, so many opinions from people.

But life was too short for that, and God, life being so fragile and short was something Cheryl had known all too well after the brush with death all those years ago. She now understood that she couldn't let fear consume her. She couldn't let those 'what ifs' take over her mind, leaving her wondering what could have been if she let the opportunity of more love and happiness than ever pass her by.

So here she was now dating her best friend, and praying that this would last forever – he was her best friend, and now her lover, all in one.

What a magical rollercoaster this was.

"We're going to – well, I have no idea; it's a surprise," she shrugged her shoulders, her nose scrunched in an adorable fashion as she looked up at Lily, "He's got this all planned, even down to us not being spotted by paparazzi; God knows what he's got up his sleeve."

"Well I'm rather intrigued; Payno does a good date night as you raved about for ages last week," Lily giggled as she finished her friend's hair, "Right babe, hair is all done; now go put that dress on – the one to make him wink.

Cheryl let out a laugh as she stood up, quickly pecking Lily's cheek before making her way to her wardrobe. She pulled on the long sleeved black dress with the mesh panel across her chest and mesh sleeves, smoothing out the material which stopped just under her thigh tattoo. Since he was quite cold out, she opted to wear black stockings as well due to it only being January and it still being quite cold out as well. She slipped her feet into her shiny black heels, and pulled on her black leather jacket as well. She then looked at herself in the mirror, admiring her reflection before stepping out.

"How do I look, Lils?" she questioned, causing Lily to look up from her phone.

"Damn Chez," she gasped, bouncing over to her, "Liam's a lucky guy; you look amazing – you seriously do, better than ever."

Cheryl smiled at the compliment, her cheeks turning a light shade of crimson as they often did whenever someone told her she looked beautiful. To be fair, she hadn't heard such compliments in so long, it was still quite something to get used to hearing such lovely, sincere comments regarding her appearance again. Her friends and family were already complimenting on how much healthier and happier she looked, through her mother and close friends knew that it was partly down to one person – her Liam.

"Thanks babe," she squeezed Lily's arm before grabbing her clutch purse which contained her essentials, "Right, Garry I'm sure will be back in the next hour; are you alright here or?"