Two

Why is Typhon training Perseus?

I lifted a weapon before simply tossing it away. None of them were right. Too heavy. Too light. Too long. Too short. I scowled, turning to Typhon. "The only blade that fit me was my symbol of power, Kingfall," I stated. "It's an extremely powerful weapon easily on par with Zeus's Master Bolt."

Typhon sighed, running a hand through his long black hair. "I didn't want to do this, but it seems inevitable." I raised my eyes, casting a hopeful look. "What is it?" I asked. He grumbled under his breath about impatient godlings for a good thirty seconds before responding.

"It is a he," Typhon muttered, "he is an expert craftsman, extremely powerful, and one of the most ancient beings in the world." I raised an eyebrow, feeling slightly suspicious. "What's his name?" I questioned.

Typhon grimaced. "His name is Gyges."

My eyebrows shot up. Gyges was one of the three Hecatoncheires. They each had a hundred hands and fifty heads. Extremely powerful is a huge understatement. They were nigh impossible to conquer.

Ouranos, their father insulted by their misshapen forms, threw them into Tartarus. Kronos wisely allied himself with the beings. He freed them, and eternally grateful they built him a palace. It was built into a mountain. Splendid in every way possible.

Overtime Kronos grew annoyed of the beings, and with the help of his brothers he cast them back into Tartarus, but when the Olympians rebelled we freed the Hecatoncheires to help us in the war.

Afterward, they were offered a job to guard the fallen titans in Tartarus. They eagerly accepted. Any chance to get revenge on Kronos was a chance worth taking.

That made me more confused. Why was Typhon hesitant about contacting a master craftsman. I didn't see anything that could go wrong. He sighed. "The man tends to be demanding. Before he does something for you, you must do something for him."

"I don't have a choice," I said, moving past Typhon. Before stopping at the door. "This kinda ruins my dramatic exit," I said, turning around, "but I kinda need directions." Typhon chuckled. "Go straight north," he replied, "you can't miss it."

I rolled my eyes. "A little bit more specific?" I asked. Typhon waited a few moments. "It's literally a hole in the ground the size of Olympus. You can't miss it."

***

The hole was big, practically impossible to miss. I released an impressed whistle, standing at the edge. I tried to look for any sign of Gyges, but I could barely see past the length of my arm.

I needed to get a closer look, so I jumped. I stretched my arms out while gathering the winds to slow my fall.

Soon, I could see the outline of large buildings. I released a breath, rolling to my feet.

I edged forward, glancing behind me every few seconds. Suddenly, a sound like rattling chains shook the ground. Clangs of metal exploded as a huge chunk of metal rolled right at me.

Instincts took over as I leaped towards the side. In a matter of seconds, everything quieted. The whole place was rigged with traps.

I crawled hesitantly, wandering aimlessly. Once again the ground began to shake. This time was different though. There were no chains, just lots of moving.

The metallic ground split open as a platform rose towering over my fallen figure. A voice spoke, annoyed and tired. "Who comes?" It called, shaking the ground again.

I somehow got to my feet. "My name is Perseus firstborn of Kronos, god of storms, heroes, valor, and space," I exclaimed, watching the earth for any signs of movement.