I: Asher

Once upon a time, in a far off kingdom, there was a lord's estate just at the edge of the wood.

On this property lived a Lord, his Lady and their son.

They had lived happily on this estate leaving everything well cared for and being generous to their workers.

In the midst of their happiness, was a tragedy.

When the young lord was only twelve springs, his mother, a wolf shifter, had passed.

This tore apart his father, who was a great and powerful warlock and an advisor to the King.

The Lord however, gazed upon his son and saw that he had great potential, and knew that he would need a mother figure to guide him after he was gone.

So after a year passed, he remarried to a woman who had two sons of her own.

This woman too faced a great tragedy in her past marriage, her spouse dying a bloody death. He was bashed over the head with his own cane, dead within the hour. The police reported it to be apart of a string of crimes, committed by the Sapphire Widow, a believed to be crazed woman who would kill anyone for the right price. Her usual signature, a single sapphire gem was left just a foot away from his bleeding head.

"Now, Asher, my boy. We know I haven't much time left. You remember Lady Francine?" the Lord said, kneeling to his son's height.

"Of course. She's the nice lady you brought here during the fall."

"Yes. Now on my travels I have married her."

"Congratulations father." Asher replied.

"Thank you my boy. I fear I haven't much time left. So when I'm gone, she will take care of you. She is to be your stepmother."

"Father, don't leave me alone with her. She's kind but she couldn't possibly be content with just a young lad to raise." the young lord said, worried that she too would leave him after his father's death.

"Ash, fear not. She has two sons just your age. She was a widow. You'll have two brothers as well. I'm telling you all this because they are arriving any moment now and I want you to be as kind and gentle hearted as a fairy towards them. Do you think you can do that?"

"Of course father. I can show them to our spare rooms and the playroom."

Lord Nathan laughed as he son rambled.

"Yes, yes. Here they are. Francine!" he called out to the carriage.

"Nathan, my dear!" she called back.

Her coachman helped her down along with two identical young males.

"Hello. I'm Asher, pleasure to meet your acquaintances."

"I'm Francis and this is Franklin. Pleasure is ours."

The five of them had been content with their lives. Of course, it wasn't long until disaster struck again. It was time to pull the curtain over Lord Nathan's portrait.

After he died, Lady Francine had to think quickly and let their staff go.

The duties fell onto her three sons to clean the estate as she cooked.

Asher was a great help to her however her own sons were lazy. Living lavishly had spoiled them rotten and they weren't willing to do their own share of work.

Because of this, their mother took favor in Asher more, angering her two sons greatly.

As the twins walked the estate plotting ways to get their revenge, they spotted Asher shift into his golden wolf. The two had smiled at one another.