Chapter 11: Suspicious

The sudden hug from me made him startled but he just stayed still not trying to do anything about that. However, I just felt the urge to hug him and I felt that he just needed someone by his side. I wrapped my arms around him and tightened the embrace. Instead of Jungkook, I was the one who cried even though it has nothing to do with me. But I could feel the pain and sorrow in his heart.

What am I doing? I thought. my tears don't stop falling.

He turned around and looked at me. His gaze was different from what I usually see. It was filled with emotion. No sign of coldness. He showed me a smile, wiping off my tears from the cheeks. I literally froze and stared at him in awe.

"I'm okay."

Liar. He wasn't okay at all. I could see it in his eyes. But it wasn't the right time to argue about that. So I simply nod, accepting his answer.

We stayed there for awhile thinking about school, life and other problems high school students usually have. There wasn't much of a conversation. Though, I felt that the feeling of hate towards him kind of disappeared. I learned a new side of Jungkook. The emotional one.

"How?" I suddenly spit out and immediately regretted it. Well, I couldn't hold in my curiosity. I was worried whether it was a hurtful question and I didn't want to ruin even more his mood than it already was.

"When the right time has come, I might tell you." He said. I felt relieved after his response. I didn't want him to remember this terrible scene.

"Actually, I don't really hate you." He said, looking at the sky and laughed a little. My eyes grew large. I didn't really know how to respond.

"But I do." I laughed, trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

"Yah." He shot me a glare and started to laugh again.

***

After spending almost a day with Jungkook I went home and saw my dad sitting on the couch, watching tv.

"I'm home." I said and greeted dad.

"Where have you been?" He asked after looking at the clock noticing it was already pretty late.

"I was with a friend."

"Oh really?" He sounded pretty interested, which was scary.

"Uhm, it was a girl. Don't worry." I said. I could see the relief shown on his face. He's always overreacting when it comes to boys and whatsoever.

I sat on the dining table enjoying the food dad prepared. I was starving the past few days, because of school, you know. And getting bullied doesn't make it easier. While eating I couldn't think about anyone else than Jungkook. I didn't feel any hate. It was rather a happy feeling? I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and to focus on what I'm doing right now.

"Do you want to visit my best friends house? He wants to get to know you a little more." Dad suddenly asked.

"Sure." I answered. It was a good opportunity to spend a day with dad since he was quite busy. Plus, I wanted to get to know dad's best friend too.

I went upstairs to my room, throwing myself in my bed. I heaved a sigh and just looked at the ceiling, thinking how hard life is. I was playing around with my phone until I found a new number on my phone list.

The good looking classmate.

I rolled my eyes. I was about to delete it but I suddenly received a message.

>>Thanks.<<

Thanks for what? I was about to ask that question but Jungkook was one step ahead.