Chapter One

I'm writing this with You-You-You and this the first time I've ever collaborated with someone, so I'm really excited about it!!!

Everyone in Pepperland was invited to the banquet to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Blue Meanies living in harmony with the folks of Pepperland. The Beatles had also been invited since they had been deemed the heroes.

Paul was looking at himself in a mirror, making sure that not a hair was out of place, John was happily singing to his feet, and Ringo was asking Old Fred about all the buttons on the submarine's console.

George, however, was in deep thought. About food. The entire way to Pepperland in Old Fred's submarine, George had been thinking about all the food that was going to be there. His stomach growled just at the thought of it. He'd even skipped breakfast and lunch so he'd have more room for the food he was planning on stuffing himself with.

Once the submarine arrived in Pepperland, he was the first one out of the hatch and almost ran over Jeremy to get to the banquet hall.

"Sorry, Jeremy," he mumbled, awkwardly patting the little man's brown fur.

"You're in a hurry!" Jeremy said laughingly. "Need not worry! I'll take you to the banquet hall. Do not fret at all!"

"Boob!" John cried, climbing out of the submarine, exaggeratedly throwing his arms out, and running toward the furry man. He picked Jeremy up and spun him around. He finally set him down and looked around. "Well, this place hasn't changed much. Nice seeing you, Jeremy." He turned and headed back toward the submarine, as if to leave, but Paul stopped him, giving him an annoyed look.

Old Fred pushed Ringo forcefully out of the submarine and climbed out himself. "We're going to be terribly late!" he cried, not bothering to avoid Ringo, who was on the ground, and basically used him as a footstool to get down from the submarine. "The Lord Mayor will be very irate with us. Come along, Beatles." He took off in a speed-walk, obviously expecting the Beatles and Jeremy to follow.

"That was a warm welcome," Ringo muttered from the ground. Paul helped him stand up and they quickly followed Old Fred. The entire way, Jeremy was acting as a tour guide, telling them about every creature they passed, almost never stopping to take a breath.

Finally, after what George thought was forever, they arrived at the banquet hall. His stomach was growling like mad and he was beginning to regret not eating anything for the majority of the day.

The doors were opened for them as if they were royalty and they walked into the hall. George was overwhelmed with many different faces and a lot of Blue Meanies. He didn't even know why they were called that anymore, because they were practically the gentlest creatures in Pepperland now, walking around as if in a dream, completely carefree. There were colorful flowers sprouting from their blue hair and they seemed to be the flower children of Pepperland.

In the large crowd, George got separated from the others and made his way to the table. He stared hungrily at all the food that was there and his stomach growled loudly. He'd just about made it to the table when he ran into something soft . . . and blue.

"Oh!" cried a voice.

George blinked and stepped back. He'd run into a lady Blue Meanie. She was very pretty, sporting the bluest eyes he had ever seen.

"I-I am so sorry," he said, immediately feeling terrible for running into her.

"Oh, no, you're fine," she said laughingly, slightly rubbing her arm.

There was a moment of silence between them, just the sounds of laughter and constant chatter from other people around them.

"I'm Pattie," the Blue Meanie said, holding her hand out.

George shook her hand, smiling slightly. "George."

"I've heard about you," she said, returning his smile. Her smile was absolutely dazzling, even with the slight gap between her front teeth. "I believe I've also seen you around." She laughed airily and nodded to George's alter ego, the George that was a member of Sgt. Pepper's band.

"Oh, yeah, him," George said, looking at his alter ego across the room and then down at his feet. "He's not very much like me, really."

Pattie just smiled.

George opened his mouth to say something else, but a singsong voice cut him off. "Pattie!" He looked and saw it belonged to the Chief Blue Meanie, his assistant Max trailing not too far behind.

The Chief came up and put his hand on Pattie's shoulder protectively. "Hello, George Harrison."

"Hello," George replied, flashing a quick crooked grin. His eyes cut between Pattie and the Chief, trying to figure out the connection.

"This is my father," Pattie explained, seeing his curious expression.

"Oh," he said, half to himself. Then louder, "Oh!"

The Chief smiled at him sweetly.

"I didn't know you had a daughter," George said stupidly.

"Before we declared peace with people, she didn't get out much," the Chief said. "Too dangerous, you see."

"Yeah," George said as if he agreed.

The Chief guided Pattie in the other direction and looked over his shoulder at George. "The Lord Mayor is going to give a speech."

George said a deep-in-thought, "Yeah," watching the Chief and Pattie walk away. She sure was pretty.

Tell me what you think!!! I'd really appreciate your feedback!!!