Thirteen;

This is way too late and I don't even know how to begin to apologize about it. I hope you enjoy the chapter even if I'm a terrible person.

Scarlet's outfit is the external link on the side :)

...

The last thing I wanted was to be away from Scott and Stiles right now, but mom needed my help. There was a storm brewing in Beacon Hills that was so severe the hospital had to evacuate the patients to another one. I’d been CPR certified and that was enough for the doctors to agree because they were so desperate to get everyone out of there before the big storm hit.

“Okay, I want you to evacuate every room and, whenever it’s empty, put an X on the door with this tape,” mom instructed, tossing all of us a roll of red tape.

“This weather is seriously insane! It was only supposed to be mild thunderstorms,” Doctor Bryson said, running up to mom.

I wanted to stay and listen to what he had to say, but I had rooms that needed to be evacuated. I couldn’t prove it, but I was sure that this weather had something to do with Jenn- the Darach. She-it-whatever was a druid and that meant they could influence the weather. That was a scary thought.

I was walking through the hallway when I heard a frustrated growl. I ran into the room, ready to explain the evacuation when I saw that it was Peter and Cora. She was lying on a bed, pale and sweaty, and still unconscious.

“The evacuation is long going and we’re trying to work our way through all the rooms. I’m sorry it’s taking so long to get to you,” I said, squeezing Cora’s hand as I spoke.

A sudden beeping sound made both of us turn and look over at Cora. Her entire body lurched forward and she spewed black goo onto the floor. I winced and got over my disgust to investigate the chunks. I could never explain why that wasn’t weird, but then again that was Beacon Hills.

I don’t know how I recognized the mistletoe berries in the goo, but I did. Peter already had his phone out and I heard him explaining to Derek what was going on. The call was short and over before I even realized it.

I was rubbing Cora’s arm and brushing her hair off of her sweaty forehead when Peter walked back over to us. The door of the room burst open and mom came inside with us. The look on her face when she saw Peter would’ve been comical if I wasn’t scared shitless for Cora and everything else going on in this damn town.

“I thought you were dead,” she said when she finally found her voice.

“Yeah, I get that a lot,” he responded seriously.

“I have to go meet Scott, Stiles, and Derek at the entrance,” I said, pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance at this entire situation. “If you hurt my mom, I’ll shoot your body so full of wolfsbane and mistletoe you’ll never walk again. I swear it, Peter Hale.”

I squeezed Cora’s hand once more and looked at mom reassuringly before leaving the room. I slipped through the hordes of people and stood at the emergency entrance. I actually laughed out loud when I saw that Stiles was wielding my mother’s bat that he’d stolen last year. That was the boy that I chose to have a thing for. Oh my.

“Don’t look at me like that! Scott’s got claws, I’m going to protect us with a bat, okay?” he said when his eyes met mine.

I ignored him and grabbed Scott’s arm to make him focus in on me. “Okay, mom said that there are two ambulances coming, one in ten minutes and the other in twenty. Cora has to be on one of them when they load in the parking garage in the basement of the building. I’m responsible for getting her into it and making sure that all of us make it out of here alive.”