Three;

Heeeey, thanks for reading my story. It's much appreciated :)

~

By the time school ended, I still hadn’t heard from Scott. As soon as I walked out of the building, I dialed his number again and waited while it rang. He finally answered it and sounded really tired and out of breath.

 “Where the hell have you been?! I called you earlier, but you didn’t answer and I’ve been freaking out all day long,” I shouted, sitting on a bench outside school. “You can’t just leave and then ignore my calls when you do. It’s not okay!”

“If I tell you what I did today, you can’t freak out about it,” he said and I felt my heart start beating a little bit faster. “I went to the hospital because Isaac was attacked this morning. When I got to the hospital, I found three more of the alphas from that new pack were here. I was fighting one of them, more like getting my ass kicked, in an elevator when Derek showed up. He helped me get out of there, but they’re still very much alive and very much scary.”

“Holy shit, are you okay?” I asked quickly. “You were in a fight with an alpha, that’s huge! Oh wait, is Isaac okay?”

“He’s here at Derek’s house with me right now. Do you think you could tell Stiles to meet up with us here?” he asked, I could hear talking in the background. “You can come too if you want, but it’s nothing important. I figure you’ve got plans with Lily or something…”

“You couldn’t just call him? What makes you think that I’m with Stiles right now?” I asked sassily, crossing my legs.

“Because you’re always with Stiles or Lily,” he answered just as Lily sat down beside me. “I mean, they are your best friends and everything…”

I felt my phone leave my hands and looked up to see that Stiles had taken it. I sighed and leaned back against the bench with Lily as I waited for him to give it back. I expected him to head out after he gave me back my phone, but he sat down on my other side. There wasn’t very much of it left so he was pressed against me, making my heart speed up a little more.

“I’m going over to Derek’s, do you all want to come with?” he asked, turning his body to face Lily and me.

“I have to go pick up Lyle from school so I can’t, but I’m sure Scar wants to go,” Lily said, elbowing me in the ribs. “Don’t you, babe?”

“I thought we had plans to do homework together this afternoon? Are you trying to get rid of me?” I asked, flashing her puppy dog eyes. “Is your little brother more important to you than I am?”

She winked before standing up and saying, “No, but I think you brother is more important to you than I am…”

I knew that she was actually talking about Stiles because she knew that I was into him. There was a reason that she was my best friend, she knew me better than anyone else. I pushed her away and winked before following Stiles over to his Jeep. I was about to reach out and grab the door handle when he opened it up for me.

“What are you doing? I can open my door for myself,” I said, putting my hands on my hips and stomping my foot. “I’m an independent woman!”

He rolled his eyes as he waited for me to get up into the Jeep before shutting the door behind me. I sat my backpack in the floorboard by my feet and put on my seatbelt while I waited for him to get inside with me. I was tapping my fingers against my thigh while I waited, but he wasn’t getting inside.

I looked out the window and frowned when I saw why. He was talking to Lydia, of course. I knew better than to even try to get his attention as anything other than Scott’s sister. I got back out of the car and walked up to them.