Epilogue

Nathan's POV

I've been a jerk saying those mean words to Sammie that night. It wasn't really my intention to say those words to her. It was a bet that I have to do after all.

Ellaine has nothing to do with this. She doesn't even know about Sammie. So when Ellaine asked me who is Sammie I had the perfect timing to do the bet we agreed and besides my friends who did the stupid bet was looking at me happily.

That night I also thought that I still love Ellaine so it made me to say those words to Sammie.

I know I hurt Sammie's feelings that night and I really regret doing that.

After the Prom night she doesn't go to school often and when I see her at school we act like we never knew each other.

***

I saw her sitting in the front of their house. I heard that her parents had fought and decided to divorce. I came to their house to comfort her but it looks like they were leaving already as soon as I arrived.

She was staring at the sky where a single cloud can not be seen so I poked her in the shoulder. I smiled and said hi.

"You alright?"

I know I just asked a stupid question. Who would be alright after seeing their parents fight, right?

She nodded at me. I can see how sad she is. Her eyes are still sore and also quite reddish you can tell she has been crying for quite sometime now.

"You're leaving now?"

She didn't answer me instead she stands up and grabbed her things and hopped into her mom's car. I saw Samuel in the backsit. I smiled at him and even waved my hands. I glanced at Sammie and she's looking seriously at me and there a tears fell down on her eyes.

"You'll be alright! Things will be alright!"

I shouted before their car left.

"I'm so sorry. I love you and will miss you Sammie."

I whispered and wipes the tears falling down onto my face.

I hope she knew the truth and how I really adore her.

I know I'm the most stupidest person in the world not to mention the dumbest one too.

***

March 30, 2017

Months has passed and I didn't hear anything about Sammie. I even nags her best friend Jennie every day just to know about Sammie but she is just being rude.

"Stop asking as if you care."

I do really care about her. They all think that I toyed with Sammie and also made her hope that there could be an us.

I never wanted to hurt her it was all because of my cold and brittle heart that decided to love someone who had already fooled me in the past and fooled me again.

I just wanted someone to love and love me back.

I thought I still like Ellaine but everyday I spend with her I only realize that the one I truly loved was Sammie.

My game session just ended when I received a call from an unregistered number.

"Hello. Who is this?"

"Hi Nathan this is Sammie's mother."

Just hearing Sammie's name can make me smile but that all changed when I felt her mother's grief and sadness when she said.

"I know you've been a good friend to Sammie and I want you to know that my daughter is already gone."

I run hurriedly to the hospitals where Sammie is.

Everything turns blurred and I couldn't see anything clear in my way to Sammie. Tears won't stop falling into my eyes.

"No Sammie please don't leave me. I have so many things I want to say to you."

I arrived at the hospital and when I opened the door I saw three nurses removing the apparutus on her body.

I couldn't move my body. I was freezed seeing her in the hospital bed.

Her mom gave me a notebook.

"It's her diary and there's a suicide letter inside and I think you should read it."

April 5, 2017

It was Sammie's funeral but I didn't attend her funeral because I still can't accept the fact that she's really gone.

The girl I loved the most is now gone.

The girl I hurt because of my stupidness and for being a coward.

I should have said how I really love her.

I hope I can bring back the old time.

If only time would stop.

I took a deep breath and decided to open her diary and read the letter Sammie made for me before she died.

I'm sorry
whilst I write this.
All the memories come back
and I remember all little thing about you that I'm going to miss.

Like telling me good night
or kissing the top of my head.
But I can't keep the thoughts out
I'll write you this poem instead.

I'll always be there
in my own way little.
just keeping watch
And making sure your ok

I'll blow the cherry blossom
so I can touch your hair.
And write messages in the steam of the mirror just reminding you that I care.

I'll hold you safe and tight
in all your dreams.
And you'll see my reflection in glass
or in the lakes and streams.

Into the wind
I'll whisper your name.
And still make you smile
everything will still be the same

When I'm missing you or feeling sad
I'll make it rain.
And I'll make sure no one will hurt you
you'll never be in pain.

I'm sorry Nathan
I wish I couldn't but I hear the blade calling.
For hours now into this abyss
I've slowly been falling .

I'll always love you
you'll be the only one for me.
But you love her more
and I'll watch you be happy and set you free.

You'll be with her who can hold you
and not hurt you.
I can't be the one who makes you cry
this is the best way love it's time we say good bye.
All I'm doing is hurting my feelings with my fucked up way
you'd tell me you love me but your too afraid to say.

I'm going to miss the way you whisper my name
being without you nothing will be the same.
I can't hurt you like you already have done too much

Nat believe me this is best
I'm just a burden to you and I'm putting you through an unfair test.
I hate the fact I won't be able to wipe away the tears when you find this and you'll cry
I could try to tell you I don't love you anymore but it would be a lie.

I'll be gone and you won't be able to hurt me any more that's all that matters
but when I pull the trigger will I feel you hart is it shatters.
Nat I still love you and will always do
but it's time to say good bye.