Chapter 1

"Let's commit the perfect crime; I'll steal your heart, you'll steal mine."

A simple phrase yet a so-so cheesy pick up line for someone whom you really like.

September 9, 2016

"You'll come with me, right?"

A text from my friend Jennie.

She's been my friend since middle school. She's always been my partner in crimes. We are goof and silly we would do something crazy everyday but the difference is she is wilder than me. She's a party goer and I'm a Hikikomori, who doesn't like to go out, I would rather stay at home, locked myself up in my room and watch anime or Korean drama.

I'm in the middle of watching a Korean drama, when my phone rings. It was Jennie. I took a deep breath and answer her call.

"Hi."

"Myghaaad! Sammie are you coming or not? I've been texting you all day yet I didn't receive any reply from you. Are you just ignoring me like I am nothing to you? I can't believe this Sammie you won't do this to me. I'm going to cut myself now since I am just nothing to you."

And she is a best actress. She would do anything crazy just to please you.

I sighed and said yes. I turned off my laptop and get up. I went to my closet to check what dress I should wear in the party. Thirty minutes had passed and I am still staring at my closet when someone open my door and there Jennie was wearing a lovely dress with an evil smile.

I knew it this is not a good idea.

***

Loud music. Alcohols. Cigarette smoke. People everywhere.

I should have stayed at home.

Jennie left me right after we came to Brett's house and act as if she doesn't know me.

This is what I don't like about her. She could just forget you easily when there's boys around her. What a slut Jennie.

I went to the kitchen to have some snacks and I saw Brett so I greeted him a happy birthday. I honestly don't know about this guy I just knew he was also a student from my school who plays baseball.

He excused himself and welcome his other guests.

"Hey mate happy birthday."

A group of tall guys greeted him. I looked at them and there's a guy who I had an eye contact. It's him.

Nathan Carter.

The guy I like.

I hurriedly grabbed the two packs of potato chips and a bucket of beers. I can't take seeing him. My heart won't stop beating so faster as if I could die in a heart attack.

I went to the place where there's no people so I can have a peaceful night and to calm my heart.

He's been my crush since first day of school. He was the first guy I saw and my heart beats faster after the bell rungs.

Bell rings

"You're late."

First day of school and I am late what a lovely start of the year. I'm walking in the hallway when the bell suddenly rings and there is someone behind me who shouted. I stop and look at him.

He was pointing me with his baseball bat.

"First day of school and you're late."

He walked closer to me and I was about to answer his question when someone is running from his back and grabbed him.

"You're also late David. I'm so sorry miss he is not the Principal he just looks like a Principal."

They both chuckled and runaway. I couldn't move myself. I'm stuck in the middle of the hallway. I couldn't remove my sight at him.

His smiles. His eyes.

Is this what you called love at first sight?

I think it is.

Cupid has hit me with his sharpest arrow.

In my last class which is History I saw him for the second time.

"Hi, I'm Nathan Carter. I'm a varsity player of baseball. I can draw buildings but not human. I can play keyboard but can't sing."

He is my classmate in History and I hope I could have a history with him too.

***

They are all having fun in the pool, Jennie is already in her swimsuit flirting a guy. I ended up in balcony where I am just the only one there. I sat in the couch, opened the potato chips and a bottle of beer.

I'm having a peaceful night when he suddenly appeared at my side and sat beside me.

"Hi."

I'm already drunk but I'm sure it's him. I calm myself first and just smiled to him and continue to eat my potato chips and drinks my third bottle of beer.

"May I have some?"

"Nooo. This is my potato chips who are you to take my potato chips away from me?"

"You're drunk."

He smiled and he whispered something.

"Your face is so red and that makes you cute but you should stop drinking."

He pinches my cheeks and took my beer away from me and drinks it.

"It's tasty."

"Hey! That's a crime you stole my beer."

I tried to get my beer from him but he is too strong and I'm a little bit dizzy so I gave up trying to get my beer.

"You know what?"

I looked at him.

"Let's commit a perfect crime."

He looked confusedly at me.

"I'll steal your heart, you'll steal mine."