Chapter Eleven

I woke up to giggling. Light flooded in from the hallway. Cassian had his arm draped over my waist. I was pulled close to his chest. Thankfully I was holding the blanket against my chest. I opened my eyes and saw Rey and Feyre standing in the doorway.

"Mama!" She bounced into the room as my sister looked at us. My daughter jumped on the bed, waking Cassian in the process, "Ashian!"

"So I offered to watch your daughter so you two can talk," her voice was soft as Cassian held me tighter to him, "if this is your version of talking I should really tell Rhysand we're doing it wrong."

My cheeks blushed, "Feyre."

"I'm kidding Nesta. Rey, hey come with me. Mama and Ashian have to get up for dinner," she wiggled her eyebrows as Rey kissed my cheek and then followed her aunt out of the room. I heard her telling Rey that they were going to make dinner together for Rhysand and everyone else.

I turned over and looked at Cassian. He was smiling as he put his hand on my waist. I leaned up and kissed him. I would never tire of kissing him, "I think our secret is out."

He laughed, brushing my hair away from my face, "after you kissed me I told Feyre how I felt. She told me to make a move because you never would. I guess I took her advice a little too seriously."

I laughed as he hugged me to his chest, "I never thought you'd want me. Not with Rey and everything else that's happened. Not when you can have any girl you want at the drop of a hat," tears filled my eyes as I looked at him, "and I didn't want to lose you as my friend either. So I thought having you in my life as a friend was better than not having you at all."

Cassian wiped away a tear, "I felt that way for a long time, especially after you found out you were pregnant. The timing was never right, you needed a friend more than a lover. But now," he kissed my forehead and smiled, "now I don't ever plan on letting you go."

I smiled as he tickled me, "we should get dressed before Rhysand and Azriel come looking for you. Feyre will tell them all you know."

He laughed, "I mean. I plan on telling them all. Because I finally get to call the girl of my dreams mine."

I stood up and stretched, letting him watch the sheet fall off my body. I felt more confident with Cassian, I felt like I truly belonged beside him. I grabbed some clothes to wear as he sat up and grabbed my waist. He pressed a kiss to my shoulder.

"Can I stay here tonight?" He asked softly.

"Well we can't have round two. I do share a room with my daughter," I smiled as I turned in his arms, "but I'd like that. You know you're always welcome to stay."

He nodded, kissing me softly before letting me go to get dressed. He bent down and picked up his own clothes. I changed into leggings and a loose shirt as he finished pulling his shirt on. I couldn't stop staring at him, realizing this was it. He was officially choosing me.

Cassian pulled me into his side as we walked out of the room. Rhysand was already there, helping Rey stir the sauce. His eyes glanced up at us and he gave Cassian a knowing smile. He nodded at me and I felt my cheeks flush. I let out a breath as he winked, his eyes finally landing on our joined hands.

"Mama!" Rey jumped up and ran to me. I smiled as she hugged me tightly. She kissed my cheek as I bent down to her level. I pushed her hair off her face to look at her stitches.

She looked a lot better, "how's my girl? Did you have fun with aunt Fey at the park?"
"Yeah! Swings," she smiled brightly as she reached for me to pick her up. I sighed and scooped her up, my hand falling out of Cassian's.