Chapter 7: Battle for Life

Start from the beginning

"so you think the siren lived on the island?" Nya questions looking at the map. "then you must also think that is where she would return to right?"

"yes." Wu nods. "I'm certain she will return to where she had lived years ago."

"but if she can control people with her voice... and she goes to the island... won't that put the boys in danger?" Nya questions.

There is a small pause and then Wu turns fully around and points at the wheel. "get us to that island as fast as you can!"

-Solitary Island-

"I know we are stranded on an island but I'm actually having a lot of fun." Zane says smirking at Niki. "I imagine it wouldn't be nearly as fun if you were not here."

"well thank you." Niki smiles lightly. "I'm glad to have been some help."

"Zane is spending an awful lot of time with Niki recently." Kai sighs. "anyone else feel like he's lost focus?"

"oh relax Kai." Jay dismisses this complaint. "he's just starting to understand true emotion. He'll get over it."

"you mean like how you got over Nya?" Cole teases.

Jay turns bright red. "th-that isn't what I meant."

"we should be happy for him." Cole says crossing his arms. "don't forget he's not like us. Sure he acts like us and it's easy to forget that he's a robot..." Cole sighs. "but he is a robot and so is Niki. Right now they just have a lot in common. Besides it isn't really hurting us at all to let them do whatever."

"that is true." Kai sighs realizing he has been defeated. "but I also don't know if we can fully trust Niki. I know she's been very helpful so far but in the face of an actual threat I just don't know if she could..."

"are you jealous?" Cole questions.

Kai turns bright red for a moment but doesn't respond.

"yup he's jealous." Jay smirks. "you should stop that, it's very unattractive."

"Jay is right. Jealousy is ugly." Cole nods. "It makes people do or say things that they come to regret later."

"not to mention setting a terrible example for Lloyd." Jay replies.

Kai frowns. "I'm not jealous of a machine. That would be crazy."

"if you say so." Jay shrugs. "but don't you let your jealousy get in the way."

"not jealous!" Kai repeats.

Suddenly the ground quakes and a large mist on fire crashes into the top of Desolate Mountain sending a ripple of energy washing over the entire island.

"what was that!?" Jay and Cole yell at the same time.

Zane and Niki rush over to the others everyone looking at the mountain. "that can't be good?!" Zane replies.

"perhaps a meteor?" Niki suggests.

"well it's too close for comfort." Zane frowns. "we should go check it out. Make sure it isn't harmful to the environment."

"yeah!" Kai nods. "ninja let's move!" he runs off into the woods followed by Jay and Cole. Lloyd follows them and close behind Zane and Niki run making up the end of the line.

It takes them an hour to get to the Mountain and another half an hour to climb it. When they reach the top they leap up into the air landing in a group doing ninja poses only to be confused upon finding nothing up there.

"weird I could have sworn..." Jay says confused looking around.

"there is an impact space here but whatever landed seems to be gone now." Zane replies as he scans a hole in the ground. "like whatever it was vanished."