Chapter 7: Battle for Life

Practicing their spinjitzu Jay, Cole, Lloyd, and Kai are getting better by the minute but for some reason Zane has decided he doesn't want to join them. Kai of course seems to be the only one who has noticed that the team's dynamic has changed because Zane is spending too much time with Niki.

"well I for one am glad to finally be back in my element." Jay says stretching his back. "I missed myself."

"it would be difficult for us to continue calling ourselves elemental masters when we have no element." Cole chuckles. "but we've gotten by without them before."

"yes but whatever this new threat is master Wu is taking it very seriously." Kai says. "and let's not forget I still can't fully fight with my arm broken like this."

"right I almost forgot it's only been a few days." Jay rubs the back of his neck nerviously. "I had almost completely forgotten that you broke your arm."

"hey but we don't have to worry about that." Cole says. "whatever is supposed to happen could happen any time so it's very unlikely that it'll happen anytime soon."

-Destiny's Bounty-

Misako, Nya, and Wu have gathered in the main room to read the progress report Niki sent them from the previous day. "I didn't know she would be sending me reports like this but I am glad she is keeping us informed." Wu says glancing over the notes. "it pains me to say this but I believe that Kai's broken arm is a terrible sign for the ninja." He paces around the room with his arms behind his back. "if the story within the scrolls is true then the fate of the world rests on this mysterious purple element."

Misako takes a pin and a book and continues to take notes while looking at the scrolls. "according to legend a great darkness roamed the earth long before Ninjago, but the first elemental master's joined forces and sealed it away on a distant world." Misako continues to write while she talks. "the pome seems to hint that when the planets in the larger outer ring of the solar system align that darkness will return and finish what it started." When she finishes talking she looks over something in her book and gasps. "and according to this research the planets in the outer ring are aligned right now!?"

"this is very troubling." Wu frowns.

Nya looks at the map on the wall. "we should go get the boys. We can't just leave them on the island forever, and if this is all true then a great darkness is about to fall on Ninjago."

Wu puzzles for a moment then seems to recall something from his past. He walks over to the map and places his hand on the shape of Solitary Island. "My grandfather many years ago told stories that he had heard over time itself. Many of them that I can remember I wrote down but the one he told about this place has always stuck in my mind."

"Desolate Mountain?" Nya questions.

"yes the very same." Wu nods. "he said that he heard the place was once home to a frightening creature known as the siren. She lived in a grand temple built by the people she enslaved. It was told that merely using her voice would render any man defenseless to resist her power. This creature was responsible for the death of many, and so a group of brave souls who were immune to her voice ventured to a new land in search of a way to defeat the creature. These men and ladies became the first elemental masters and used their power to defeat the siren and save the world."

"so the first elemental masters found their powers because they needed to defeat this siren." Nya puzzles. "but what does this have to do with Desolate Mountain?"

"it was said that after she was defeated the area she once called home split from the rest of Ninjago and became invested with dangerous beasts. I believe no other place matches the description better then Solitary Island." Wu explains.