Chapter 4: Desolate Mountain

When Julien goes back inside the boys begin making their way back to where they were training. Kai, upon realizing Zane didn't follow them, turns to look back at the door and finds that Zane and Niki have both left.

Kai raises an eyebrow. "weird... ow!" Kai growls glaring at Jay who had unexpectedly knocked him over. "dude!?"

"sorry Kai!? I thought we were training again and I didn't realize you had looked away." Jay helps his friend off the ground. "what's got you bothered?"

"what if she distracts Zane and he can't fight with us anymore?" Kai questions.

"that isn't likely." Jay pats Kai's shoulder. "don't worry about it. it's his life. We'll always be here to remind him which path he is on if does stray. But I'm sure once Niki gets settled everything will go back to normal."

"that's probably true." Kai nods.

-inside-

Zane leads Niki to Master Wu and Misako. "now I'm sure they'll ask you a bunch of questions. we've never encountered anything or anyone quite like you before."

"you mean besides yourself?" Niki teases.

"actually at first I didn't know I was a robot." Zane chuckles. "it sounds silly I know but I really believed I was a real person." He knocks on the door and Misako opens the door.

"oh? Zane?" Misako smiles. "can I help you?"

"we were hoping you would take a look at these scrolls Niki has." Zane replies.

Niki hands over the scrolls from her arm cabinet.

"oh? Scrolls?" Misako smiles. "sure." She glances at Niki for the first time and pauses. "a purple ninja... where did you come from?"

"the forest." Niki replies. "I was living out here for some time before you landed your flying ship near the place I call home."

Master Wu steps up to the door. "it can't be?!" he mumbles glancing back into the room at the scroll on the table. "Misako do you think?"

"maybe." Misako puzzles for a moment, then she opens a few of the scrolls and begins reading. "I won't know for sure until I figure out the rest of the puzzle. These might just be the key." She hurries to the table and sets the scrolls out.

"Master. Might I ask what you mean?" Zane questions.

"Misako found what appears to be the description of..." Wu sighs. "the destruction of the world."

Zane shakes his head in disbelief. "what!? That's impossible!"

"we thought so too." Wu replies. "we still don't know what will happen or when. I would appreciate you not tell the others until we decide what this all means."

"oh... I understand." Zane nods.

"Wu come look at this?!" Misako calls.

"what is it?" Wu asks walking toward the table.

"if you combine the two lore from the new scrolls and this other one you get a time frame for the events Described in the one we already had." She begins to read. "When the planets large ring align a great darkness will arise, master of space and time. Sealed within the planet far, wishes on a nearby star." She switches scrolls and continues reading. "The one who put me here will pay. The elements all will fade." She stops which prompts Wu to look at the scroll. "it... It just ends. It's like whoever was writing this never got to finish. There is only the drawing of these figures here." she points to a drawing of a purple Ninja fighting a dark mist.