Chapter 3: The Purple Element

The ninja are out on the deck waiting for Niki and Julien to return from the lower deck. Zane hadn't realized but he'd been spacing off thinking about Niki while his friends were talking behind him.

"alright I'll be the one who says it then." Cole steps up to Zane. "listen me and the guys were talking and... we gotta know. What do you think about Niki?"

Zane looks at Cole and then shrugs. "why do you ask?"

"well it's just you've been a bit strange since this morning." Cole replies. "We just wondered if you were feeling ok."

"I am fine." Zane replies. "simply waiting to see the results of my father fixing her emotional problems."

"what exactly are you hoping for?" Jay questions.

"hoping for?" Zane says confused.

"well he means what are you expecting." Kai clarifies. "like when she comes out of there what do you think she'll be like?"

"or rather what do you hope to gain from bring her here." Cole nods.

"oh." Zane shrugs. "I suppose what I expect is that she'll be a lot like me and that would give us both somebody that we can talk to about our problems and such."

"like a couple?" Jay questions.

"like good friends." Zane replies. "sure I have you four to talk to but I still have problems which you could not begin to understand. Having somebody like me to talk to who has the same kinds of issues will be good."

"Well I for one think it's great." Nya replies cutting into the conversation. "I mean how often do you come across robots like Zane and Niki? Zane has always fit in with you boys because he understands being a ninja but at the end of the day none of us can understand what he's going through."

"You're very right Nya." Zane nods. "that is what I meant."

"she's a nindriod too." Jay crosses his arms while he puzzles. "I wonder if she has an elemental power as well. Like Zane has ice."

"well we all have elements." Kai shrugs. "I don't think being a ninja has anything to do with the element stuff but I'm sure it helps."

"I guess we'll just have to ask her." Cole shrugs.

-below deck-

Julien is looking at the pieces within Niki to see if she is functioning properly. "well this isn't a big deal but this box here seems to be damaged." He muses. "do you happen to know what it was for?"

Niki nods. "it was made to help me harness my power." She opens the top of her left arm and pulls a scroll out. "this was an old scroll my creator found a long time ago. It tells of the rise of a purple ninja who will one day be responsible for the fate of the entire world. He built me in the image of this hero." She opens the scroll revealing a story over the top of a drawing of a purple figure in ninja clothing. "when I started training in spinjitzu I found that I had the ability to bend energy into a beam, but because energy is unpredictable I couldn't control it." Niki glances down at the box and then points to it. "so Chesterfield created this box in order to regulate my ability so no one would get hurt. Unfortunately, all it does is keep me from drawing over 20% so I can't really use it for fighting."

Julien opens up the box and checks inside it. "well here's the issue right here. You've got it set to 20% if you need it higher you just have to move this lever here."

"oh." Niki smirks. "well I didn't even think to look in there. Last time I tinkered with myself I accidently shut myself off."

"that would be unfortunate." Julien chuckles. "regardless I can replace your missing humor switch and..."