PART TWENTY THREE

I opened my front door with Zendaya waiting behind me. There was Tom and Harrison, "I'm sorry" Tom said.

I was about to slam the door shut when Harrison said "wait, let the poor guy finish" with this normal goofy persona in play. In all attempts to lighten the mood, he failed.

"I'm... im sorry, I'm here to um, to get my... stuff. I'm moving back with um... Brittany" he said.

'iM mOviNg bAcK wiTh bRittAny' I mocked Tom in my mind.

I looked at him maintaining a blank expression on my face.

"...ok come in then" i said bluntly.

In my mind, I had convinced myself that it is useless to care about him anymore.

Because I was just used and thrown away. Like toilet paper.

I should probably show my toilet paper some love. It might make them happy.

I locked the door behind me and sat down on the couch. I couldn't find that happiness which I had two minutes ago.

I sat on the couch, dumbly. Soon Tom was done and they left. Zendaya was awkwardly quiet throughout this whole situation. I wouldn't blame her though.

"Give me a minute Zee, I just need to check something." I walk into your room and the pendant from last night was still there.

I held it in my hand, now I was not angry anymore, I was sad. I left him. Or did he leave me? Was this my fault? Or his?

Guess we will never know.

I wanted him back, it was just a mistake. Humans make mistakes. No! I can't go back. He made a mistake that is unforgivable. He could make the same mistake again.

But I love him.

Loved him.

Did he even love you?

I don't know anything anymore.

Why is life so complicated?

Why are humans weird?

Why does Vision remind me of a toaster?

I dropped the pendant to the floor and walked out of my room. I went back and hugged Zendaya, she hugged me back.

"thank you" I said quietly. She hugs me tighter. But right now you only wanted one thing to hug you.

That was a puppy. And maybe Tom. Just maybe.

a/n OMG I LOVE YALL SO MUCH