Chapter 21

(Ignore the words)

                                                                 (Ignore the words)

Recap

I run through the woods, branches scratching at my arms and face. The dull moonlight acts as my compass guiding me where to go. I skid to stop, my bare feet digging into the ground. The dark blue haze of Sweetwater River gazes at me, daring me to cross. Threatening foot steps wake me up from my daydream, and with a deep breath, I plunge into the river, the sudden coldness sending chills down my spine. I hear them falter, deciding not to take the actions I just took, and I smile. Maybe I finally have a chance at freedom.

The bay appears in my view and I swim as hard as I can. Once my feet hit the sand, I take off, running to the only person that can help me. I bang on their back door, hoping their parents aren't home. Their back light turns on, and I see they have all their friends over. Everyone walks outside, shocked looks on their faces.

"Did you miss me?" They continue to stare, mouths agape. "Cmon guys, I'm not some alien. You can stop looking at me like that."

"Davina?"

"Who else would I be?"

"We thought you were dead. The police, they found your body."

"It was a fake, obviously. It had to be believable. People had to think I was gone."

"Why?"

"It wasn't safe for me. He was after me. I figured if he thought I was dead, he wouldn't be able to hurt me. But he somehow knew I wasn't dead and he found me. I've been running from him since this afternoon. I lost him back at Sweetwater River. But I can't go back, no where is safe for me. I need your help. Please."

"I know a place, he'll never find you. You'll be safe. But we have to tell someone your alive. Cheryl, your parents."

"No! They can't know, not my parents. They're part of it, too."

"Okay, we won't tell anyone. But what about Jason?"

"I can't tell you, not yet. It's not safe. Will you help me?"

"Of course."

~

Present time

Betty Cooper leads me into her house, guiding me to the nearest chair, which happens to be in her dinning room. Archie Andrews, Juggie, and a girl I've never met take the other chairs, Juggie softly grabbing my hand. Betty returns, a first aid kit in hand. She hands it to my cousin, and he gently cleans my wounds. I wince as a particularly large gash on my forehead begins to sting.

"Davvy, what happened to you?"

"I told you. I-"

"I don't give a crap! Something happened to you! You need help! I need to know what happened! Please." He begs, eyes glistening with I shed tears.

"How do you two know each other?" The other girl asks. "And I'm Veronica, by the way."

"Juggie is my cousin." They all looked shocked. Like I said earlier, no one knew we're related.

"Davina, "Archie says, "could you please tell us what happened? If you want our help, we need to know what happened." I sigh, taking a glance at everyone.

"Okay. Jason and I made a plan to run away. On Fourth of July, him; me; and Cheryl went for a boat ride, but it didn't tip and we didn't drown, obviously. Cheryl dropped Jason and I off at the other side. She would tell everyone that she dropped a glove, the boat tipped when Jason went to grab it, and he and I drowned. We needed to fake our deaths so our parents wouldn't come looking for us. I have connections with the Serpents, and they said they would give us money if we would make a delivery for them upstate, a drug deliver. We stowed a car a few miles out of town, where no one would find it. After we made the delivery, we'd find some place to live. But things didn't exactly go as plan. After about half an hour, we heard a noise. Then, some people appears before us. It was my dad and Clifford Blossom. They found out we knew all their secrets, and they also figured out why we were running away. They had some guys with them, and they put us unconscious. When I woke up, I was in a basement, tied to a chair. Jason wasn't with me. I was trapped there for days, weeks, only receiving food every third or fourth day, I can't really remember. They tortured me, every single day. I don't know how I'm still alive. One day, my uncle came down. He was the one who freed me. I ran, ended up by the river, and then I came here." Betty and Veronica gasp, and Juggie pulls me to him, stroking my hair as we both cry.

"Davina, why did you guys run away?" Veronica questions me. I pull away from my cousin, sighing as I brush the tears away.

"I guess it's not obvious with the hoodie. I'm pregnant." They stare at me, mouths agape in shock.

"Oh my gosh." Betty gaps. "The baby. You said you were tortured, we need to get you to the hospital, we need to make sure the baby's okay."

"No! No one else can know I'm alive. My dad can't find me. Please, don't make me go there." I beg.

"Your dad, we need to tell the police what he's done, what they've both done to you." Archie tells me.

"No! They still have Jason! He will die if they know I've told someone." The four of them share looks, sad expressions forming on their faces. "What? What's wrong?"

"Davvy, heh they found your body, they found Jason's as well. We all thought you were dead, but now we know it was a fake. But we don't know about Jason. I'm sorry, but he could be gone." I break into tears again.

"No, no, it's not true. It can't be true. It's a fake, just like mine. He's not dead! He's not gone! He wouldn't leave me! He wouldn't leave us!" I fall to the floor, clutching my hoodie as I sob. Juggie crashes me to his chest. I hit him, trying to break away, but he doesn't let go, just grips me tighter. "He can't- he's not gone. He's not gone."

Poor Davvy. How sad. BUT, it's not over. Please, stick around, cause just when you think you know what's going on, you don't (hopefully, that'd be sad if you knew my evil plan).
Okay so y'all probably knew what went down so this is basically just a filler chapter.
But, thanks for reading!
Hope y'all liked it!