CHAPTER 8: Tortuga

Start from the beginning

       "Not sure I deserved that." Jack composed himself. Then I saw another blonde woman, who's also his another girlfriend, in a yellow dress come infront of him. "Giselle!"

       "Who was she?" She said, pointing at me and to another woman's direction. I frowned, Wait, what?

       Jack playing dumb saying "What?", and again she served another slap on him.

       "You probably deserves that one." I said. Jack just nodded, pressing his jaw.

       We continued walking. "What exactly purposes are we here?" Will suddenly asked.

       Jack retorted, "We need a crew. We can manage the ship between islands, but the open sea, that's another matter..."

       "Just do it quickly." Will frowned.

       Jack rubbed his jaw, "Don't worry. I've already got a Quartermaster --there!"

       Then we followed Jack. I actually don't know where we are going. The place looked utterly confusing and unfamiliar.

       "...We should escape this wretched pit as quickly as possible." Jack said.

       Will turned, "With a crew..."

       "Ah, yes. Well it just so happens that you know the man who knows the man who knows the finest sailors in all Tortuga."

       "Mr. Gibbs." I whispered at Will.

       Jack leaded us to the pub, called The Faithful Bride. The emblem over the door a politically incorrect painting of a smiling woman holding a bonquet in her chained and manacled hands, it startled me.

       Jack pulled open the door. Will and I goes inside passing a pretty asian woman coming out and suddenly she sees Jack and immediately slaps him, cursing something in Chinese.

       How many whores does he really have though? I frowned.

       Jack backed away and closed the door. I tried not to smile. We continued walking.

       At the bar, we stood behind the stall. Will and I has spoken to the Bartender.

       "He knows Gibbs." Will said.

       The Bartender nodded, then produced a water bucket from behind the bar.

       Jack and Will exchanged a look, and I takes the bucket. Right, we really needed this...

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

       In the rear outside of the bar, we are both standing over a drunken man lays in the mud, asleep with three pigs in the pigsty. He's wearing an old tattered Navy jacket. Jack picks up the bucket from my arm and splashes across his face, revealing old Joshamee Gibbs.

        He sputters and roars before realizing who we are.

        "Jack!" He exclaimed, "Mother's love, Jack! You know better than to wake a man when he's sleeping. It's bad luck!"

        Jack squatted down to his level, "Ah, fortunately, I know how to counter it. The man who did the waking buys the man who was sleeping a drink. The man who was sleeping drinks it, while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking." He states. Like what does that mean?