Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

" Did I tell you I love you today? " Taseer asked as he lay on bed while I was undressing to take a bath .
" I think so ,but I wanna hear you say it again " I said as I turned around to look at him .
" okay ,come here ,then I will tell you " He said motioning for me to come lay beside him .
" Can't you see what am about to do ? And if I lay there,we might as well just forget about the date "
" You have a naughty way of thinking these days Manalie ,am not gonna do anything to you , maybe just a kiss? "
" Ahh there you go again ,at least I only think of naughty things while you actually do them practically so who is the naughtiest among us ?"
" so you mean you thought of kissing me ?? Alright then I won't be stingy ,besides I know am hot sexy and I've got kissable lips so come and kiss me before I change my mind " he jutted out his lips puckering them up with eyes closed and I couldn't help but give him a peck hurrying to the bathroom but before I can touch the door knob Taseer held my hands and gave me another kiss that made me breathless ,he then pushed me into the bathroom .

I took my time before coming out thinking that Taseer must've left to get ready but I saw him on bed sleeping soundly ,all curled up like a cat with a pillow to his chest ,that sight of him always makes my heart beat accelerate and I had the urge to join him but held myself, he had laid down the outfit for me ,my poor sweet husband ,he always do that whenever he gets the chance ,telling me that he love seeing me in clothes he has chosen for me ,that I look super adorable and it makes him proud that he knows my choice of fashion ,I always coo at him either giving him a hug or a Peck on his forehead and he will always smile at me telling me that I look beautiful .
So I went to the vanity and dolled my face up ,I looked cute and I smiled ,anticipating what Taseer will say when he see me . I gently tapped him but he didn't budge he just changed position and hugged the pillow tighter I smiled evilly and sprinkled him with a chilled water he abruptly woke up like he has been pricked with a needle while I laughed out loud .
"Yahsalam Manal, is that how to wake your husband?" he asked gruffly with his husky sleepy voice that I love listening to .
" Sorry hun ,just wanna have some fun " with that being said ,him giving me a deathly glare he went into the bathroom while I continue with the final touches of makeup .I didn't hear the sound of the door when Taseer came out ,I just saw him through the mirror with a dazed look .
" Mashaa Allah ,I thank Allah for giving such a beauty as a wife ,you look so take away Hayatee " that made me blush ,this isn't the first time Taseer call me beautiful or compliment my dressing but there's something special ,something more intimate and romantic about the way he looked at me ,like I am the only thing that matters on this earth,like am precious and priceless .I went up to him with a hand towel ,towel dried him and gave him my choice of outfit for him to wear, the colors complimented and I spritzed him with his perfume before taking the towels to the bathroom . I came out to meet him all dressed up .
" You look handsome noory but something is missing to complete the look " I said opening the vanity drawer to bring out one of our many couple watches. He usually strap mine while I strap his own too and today wasn't an exception,he looked so handsome I had to stare at him without blinking ,we were busy looking at each other ,sending messages from our hearts to each other that we didn't know when Hajia came in .It was so awkward we couldn't say a thing ,Hajia just looked at us with a happy and mischievous smile on her face ,even though she's not treating me like an in law I Still felt embarrassed coz this is not the first time she caught us in such an intense moment .
" My children ,Irin wannan kyau haka? Where to? You look so cute mashaa Allah " she asked and complimented us at the same time .Taseer scratched his head the way he usually do when he's either nervous or shy ." We are going out for a drive Hajia " he answered still not looking at her direction, I wanted to laugh but I hold it in .
" that's Nice , but I'm jealous that I'm not invited ,you should go and enjoy yourselves, am going back to Nigeria next week in shaa Allah ,I've just finished making the arrangements with your Abby Manal ,am tired of this place and eating weird foods that disturb my stomach " she laughed at the last part .
" Hajia please stay so that we can go back together, it's just a month please " I pleaded .
" Aminah will miss you ,you should spend more time with her ma ,teach her the deen who knows whether you might never see her again ?" Taseer added .
" Am more clever than you guys are ,I've given all your reasons a thought , but I am going. Aminah says she will come to Nigeria ,besides she's a fast learner and she has you guys to continue from where I stopped ,now go have fun ,we will discuss further when you get back " with that she left the room and we lost the excitement of going out .
" Let's just stay in and watch a movie or something" I suggested grumpily coz truth be told I will miss having Hajia around , she's more like a friend to me than a mother in law .
" No ,Hajia said we should go have fun ,and fun we shall have " he tugged at my hands and we left the room to the parking area.
" where are we going to ? "
" It's a surprise "
" Seriously ? Must every date be a surprise hubby ?" I pouted hoping he will fall for it and tell me.
" Whenever you pout , you look like an adorable puppy and all I wanna do is cuddle up with you and never let go " he said looking ahead of the road .
" that's not sweet" I squeezed my face .
" come on babe , have sabr mana" he says squeezing my hands .I can remember what he told me the day I yanked my hands from his hands because Hajia was in the car, he was so pissed that he didnt talk to me until we reached home saying that I should not dare yank my hands from his ever again because he love holding them and it makes him feel safe whenever he does that , I apologized telling him that I was shy that Hajia can see our entwined hands and he scoffed saying that Hajia will never mind and that he knows that she's happy whenever she see us together and happy .