This Life Is Mine

She was out again. And this time she regretted what happened.

Ruby was walking along the sidewalks, and often meeting with her friends at Beacon's ruin site. And among the people who came, one was always uninvited. He was watching when Yang and Ruby fought to ensure Yang's fight for Beacon. He was there when Ruby was admitted in alongside her. And from those days she never felt alone.

He watched her until everything fell down before her. And he never bothered to clean it up. And she lost control over it all. When she turned nineteen and deserved her freedom from her parental advisory.

"Dad stop treating me like a child because clearly I'm not!"

He stopped frozen. "Just let me be there-"

"I don't always need you there for me! I have friends and Jaune and Yang."

"Well what if they can't protect you?"

"Yang has never failed to protect me! She has put her life on the line for her little sister, and I get fed up with her at times, but she'd never fail me. And Jaune would protect me until the end because, because,-"

At this time her eyes filled with tears and her voice wouldn't speak. Nothing came out. "Because he loves you, Ruby."

She looked up to him. Her eyes dropping crystal tears as clear as the sky that became new again. He wanted to tell her to remember those old fairy tales, but she most likely forgot them. And it never stopped him from trying.

"Remember the Four Maidens of the Seasons?"

"Yes I do. You read it all the time to me."

"Then do you remember the Fall Maiden?"

Ruby was shocked to even have that brought up.

"I do as well."

"Pyrrha Nikos and Cinder Fall fought. Against Amber's wishes. And Pyrrha could've died in vain, but you gave her a new purpose to follow in Heaven. To keep moving when the going gets tough. And how you avenged her was greatly appreciated to people like Ozpin, Oscar, and from the rest of team JNPR. So don't ever think you don't make big sacrifices or decisions. Because you're the best of us. The one person who once felt broken but rebuilt herself to be strong and faithful. And one day, keep this promise I'm about to give you."

"I always will." She wanted desperately to say this to him, You're not Uncle Qrow. You're my father who risked it all to protect his loved ones. You avenged Mom's death. And gave her purpose. Like Pyrrha. And she'd want it this way. For the one she loved to move on. So Jaune and I will. 

"What's the promise?"

"Tell this to your kids one day okay?"

Ruby's tears ceased and her smile appeared on her bright face.

"I promise I will. Forever."

Qrow smiled at his daughter. The precious rose he grew was now blooming more than ever.

Ruby grinned at him and bid him goodnight. Once she did so, he felt like he was welcome for once. And so he stayed. With her, with them forever.

****
"REALLY? HOW DID IT HAPPEN?"

"This is why I don't tell you guys things like this." Blake spoke to Yang.

Weiss, who was preparing herself for an interview on the company manufactures, had turned around once Yang screamed. Yang had agreed to set up the lines and dates for Weiss, while Blake was on video chat with her. "What's going on?" she asked the girls.

"Hey Blake how come you didn't tell Weiss?" Yang had asked the faunas.

Blake grimaced and faced the heiress. "I don't know what to do, that's why. And I can't just abandon this. It's a new responsibility after all."

Lucky Petals (RWBY Qrow Dad Theory)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara