Cali smiled, "You want me to come with you? I haven't really heard much from her since you returned either .. we used to talk almost every other day, she'd ask about Marquette and work but now its barely even a text just to say hey .. she doesn't even know I'm expecting another child."

"Yeah you can come but if she get on that slick shit and start stressing you out just leave, not tryna have my niece or nephew in harms way."

"Okay, well I have a client at 6:30 today, so probably 7:30 or 7:45 would be a good time."

Standing to his feet he nodded, "Alright well I'm out, see you at the shop later."

"Bye drive safe, love you."

"Love you too.."

Saying bye to Ahmad and Marquette he walked out the door leaving the trio in the house together. Cali finished her plate then got up to throw it away. Seeing Ahmad and Marquette doing the spoon on the nose challenge she shook her head.

When she touched Ahmad's shoulder he moved away causing her to frown but instead of looking too deep into it she assumed it was because he didn't want her to distract him so she walked back upstairs to continue getting dressed.

Ten minutes later, Ahmad entered the room not saying a word as he walked into her closet to throw on a shirt. Walking out he noticed Cali watching his every move but didn't say anything. Pulling out his phone he texted Marcus and Shaun back then sat it on the dresser to put on his studs.

"Ahmad,"

He ignored her.

Touching his arm, he looked back at her then turned back to his stud in his hand. "What's wrong with you?" She asked putting her earrings on.

"Nothing, I'm straight." Placing the stud in his ear, he chuckled but Cali knew it was forced.

"So we lying now?"

"You done hiding me now?" He spat back.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

Sitting down on the edge of bed, he sighed. "Are you ashamed of me? Like am I not good enough or something?"

The question caught her off guard as she was wondered why all of a sudden he was feeling this way. "No, wh-"

"Then why haven't I met yo mama? I know she alive, I remember the first day we met you were on the phone with her so she's in your life but yet I don't know her name, she don't know me nor does she even know I'm about to be the father of your next child! And another thing why you ain't even tell your brother you had a nigga? He knew nothing about me until I went to jail and we just so happened to be bunk mates but even then he ain't know who I was. I never met any of your family but you met all of mines .. like what's up with that Cal? I'm not good enough to properly meet yo peoples?"

Ahmad never tripped before when he realized Cali hadn't mentioned the thought of meeting her mother but once he overheard the conversation between her and Chris and how she knew nothing about Cali even being pregnant it made him feel some type of way.

"No, its not that .. its just with everything thats been going on like dealing with your shit it-"

"My shit? That's all it is now, my shit?" He nodded standing up from the bed and grabbed his keys to leave out.

He loved Cali with every fiber in his bone but he felt if she was ashamed to even show him off to her family then they needed to take a few steps back.

He was planning on marrying this girl, making her his wife, his soulmate but he felt if she wasn't ready for him to meet her family then he wasn't sure if she was ready to become Mrs. Sinclair.