C H A P T E R 30

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y

        Waking up to the sound of laughter, Cali yawned as she slowly opened her eyes and stretched. Looking over at Ahmad and Marquette who was playing patty cake together, she smiled then laid her head back down on the pillow. But once her mind started processing what she just saw, her head snapped back up as she stared at Ahmad again blinking a few times.

Tears swelled up in her eyes as she lunged forward hugging him tightly, "Oh my gosh baby! You're awake." She cried into his neck as he chuckled rubbing her back. "Don't scare me like this ever again," Pulling back she examined his face feeling all over it making sure she wasn't dreaming, or if the lord was playing tricks on her.

But he indeed was awake, her baby was back.

Laughing he grabbed her hands, "I'm really awake Cal," Wiping her tears with his thumb, she pressed her lips against his pecking them over and over. Telling him how much she loved him inbetween pecks. Ahmad could only smile at her reaction, even though he was in alot of pain just seeing her and his baby boy eased it a little. Cali couldn't stop crying or holding onto him as if this was going to be her last time seeing him and that made him feel even better.

But really she just felt relieved that he was okay, all those doubts and worries were gone and her emotions were flowing cause for a second she believed she actually lost him.

Marquette became worried about his mama because he knew whenever he cried it was because he was hurting or sad and he didn't want his mama to feel the way he feels some times. So he did what she does to him when he's feeling sad which was comfort him. Laying his head on top of hers, he wrapped his small arm over her back rubbing it gently as she did with him. "Why you cry mama?" He asked softly only to earn a chuckle from Cali and Ahmad.

They loved how he was when it came to them, he was so young bur very aware of the surroundings around him. Ahmad noticed because at times Marquette could be very wild and rough but since he woke up this morning, he's been gentle with Ahmad as if he knew something was wrong with him.

Sitting up she wiped her eyes, laughing a bit. "Cause I'm happy baby, these are tears of joy." She explained as she calmed herself down. "I'm okay, I'm not sad." She reasurred touching his cheek causing him to smile.

Once Marquette saw that she was for sure okay, he laid his head on Ahmad's bare chest letting the sound of his heart beat consume his ears which soon caused him to drift off to sleep. Cali laughed at how fast he could fall asleep, but she knew he was just like her when it came to sleep, he loved it so it was never hard to put him to bed. Plus sleeping on Ahmad was something he started to love doing, he felt secure and safe in his arms.

"How long have you been awake?" Cali asked standing to her feet to fix the tights she wore.

"I woke up sometime last night while you and him were sleep." She nodded just shaking her head as she couldn't stop smiling. She was beyond blessed to see him up when just yesterday he was barely making any movements.

Ahmad stared at Cali loving the glow she had to her and he knew the only thing that could be causing her to glow the way she was at the moment was because of his seed she was carrying. Eyeing her body, he started to notice her hips were spreading and her breast were getting fuller, biting his lip he knew had to control the dirty thoughts that always came when he was around her. Glancing down at her little baby bump that could be seen through the shirt she wore if you looked close enough, he placed his hands over it and smiled as well as he could since his jaw was broken.