CHAPTER:27 || Stronger Together

Start from the beginning

"I'm not using you, Mae. I can never. I love you so much. You trust me. Don't you?" Fear and vulnerability were clear as crystal in those doe eyes. I responded him by claiming his soft lips so lovingly and gently, telling him my answer.

"More than anything and anyone. And I know you will never break it." He simply closed his eyes cupping my face as he kissed my forehead so deeply making my heart warm. His warm lips stayed there for a while longer as I held his forearms, a soft smile touched my lips and my heart fluttered when he kissed again and again at the same spot. He then pulled away, still holding my face in his hands as he looked deep into my eyes.

"I am so sorry that you had to face him. I am so—"

"Just stop. Stop right here. It's not your fault. How many times more do I need to tell you this?" I told him honestly and sternly, placing my hand on his face.

"I couldn't protect you from getting hurt. Again. From Eric..." He said, standing up rubbing his face in frustration.

"It was not your fault! And it's a fact Michael. How could've you known that he was here?"

He blew air from his mouth, his hands locked at fingers at the back of his neck.

I reached him and held his hands in mine, intertwining our fingers before I kissed the back of his hands. When I looked at him again, he looked much calmer.

"You trust me, right?"" I asked looking into his beautiful eyes.

He immediately tightened his grip on our intertwined fingers before holding our hands on his chest. "You know I  trust you with my everything." He stated, never looking away from my eyes.

"Then please believe me when I say it was not your fault. Nothing in this was your fault." He stared at me for a few seconds before a soft smile touched his lips. My heart warmed.

"Please have some sleep. It's really late at night and you directly came here after your concert. Michael, your health will be ruined like this." I said looking at his pale face, all worried.

"I am not feeling sleepy." He told me lowly. I stepped even closer to him.

"But you'll have to sleep and you will sleep Mr. Jackson. That's it." I said shoving my index finger at his chest and gripping his collar with my other hand. He just laughed lightly, shaking his head.

"Then make me sleep." His gaze intense, his voice deep and husky, suddenly making my heart thump at his tone and words. He simply smirked.

"Ooohhh shit yesss! Go to the guest room. I'll not disturb you. Take your own time and do you guys have protec—"

"Shut the hell up! Oh my God Alice!" My face burned like molten lava and then her evil laugh as she wiggled her brows. Michael covered his face in his hands, shaking his head, feeling all embarrassed.

"What?" She asked innocently.

I just held his hand leading him to the guest room.

"ALL THE BEST!"  I heard her yelling from behind and then she laughed out loud.

We entered the room and I closed the door behind, I blew air from my mouth rubbing my forehead.

"She is such a crazy jerk! I can't believe her!" I said all embarrassed.

"Yeah, she is." He said and I looked at his red face.

"Take a shower and change, I'll bring your bag here." I told him as I started to prepare the bed. We needed rest for we needed to leave in the morning.