Chapter 4: Leaving

Zack entered his bedroom and as soon as he saw you polishing your sword he jumped towards you on your bed, making it (and you with it) doing some bounces.

You, completely unfazed, kept polishing your weapon "hey Zack" you greeted.

"Ow come on (y/n) pull a smile for me!" he grinned, before pulling upwards the edges of your lips, to shape a smile.

You soon pushed his hands away and he looked offended for a bit, before taking your sword from your hands and tossing it away, the other two recruits in the room looked towards the two of you, startled by the clatter that your sword produced hitting the ground and kept their gaze on the scene to look what was going to happen, honestly you didn't know either, because your raven haired friend had a serious expression and seemed true concerned about something, but as soon as he pulled a grin you knew exactly what was going to happen: you were going to punch him.

You raised slowly your hand, so slow that the other 2nd class was able to grab it and give a kiss to it "why so serious today?" he continued to smile at your frown.

"Nothing" you pouted, walking away from him to grab your sword from the floor and throwing it on the bed "let's go out, so we can talk" you eyed the other two SOLDIERs for a moment, even though they returned to mind their own business.

"Sure babe" he winked, opening the door for you.

You were walking down the streets of Midgar with Zack, the both of you stayed silent and the boy tried really hard to keep quiet until you felt enough comfortable to speak, but he was just too curious, so he opened his mouth to say something, when you interrupted him.

"I was wondering how much could you resist without speaking" you chuckled, looking ahead "I see not enough"

"Sorry" he rubbed the back of his head "I'm just worried"

You smiled at him and intertwined one of your arms with one of his and sighed "thank you Zack, I'm really thankful, I really am" you started "but I'd appreciate if you could just give some ease to my pain"

"That's why I'm here to listen"

You shook your head calmly and lead him to a bench, forcing him to sit down with you "there are many ways to make someone feel better, and it always depends by the case"

"What's the case, then?"

"I'd like you to bring me around the city, I want to forget" you smiled at him.

"That can be done!" he exclaimed getting up with his usual over excitement.

You chuckled and watched him seat again and leaning his left forearm on the backrest of the bench, you pulled your legs to you and crossed them "I'm glad to have you" you said sweetly and you were so adorable and fragile in the boy's eyes that he couldn't help but to hug you with one arm and stroke your head with the other.

"Anytime dear" you could feel his breath through your locks and felt so relaxed that you closed your eyes and lifted your hands to lay them on his back.

It wasn't uncommon an hug between you two, in fact, as long as you could remember, you've been close friends and Zack himself was a person you could always feel comfortable with, so an hug like that was a simple hug between friends, nothing more, nothing less. Of course there were people who would disagree, for them the concept of friendship between a male and a female that were so close to each other didn't exist, for sure you two were in a relationship, but those rumors never meant nothing to you, you didn't even bother to deny them.

You felt Zack pull away and take your hand to make you stand "come (n/n), I'll take you some (favorite flavor) ice cream" he winked at you, before dragging you towards the closer ice cream shop.