|Chapter 7| Not Afraid

Addie had come over a few times to the point you were pretty good friends, she creeped you mum out most of the times but she never objected Addie's visits only telling her to leave when you weren't home and she just showed up. Addie really was a sweet girl but what she said last time, after the invasion was drifting in your mind. You talked out halloween drawing closer and promised to make her the most beautiful girl and so you did try, she loved it. But before you finished she said, "Tate likes you you know? He thinks your a pretty girl! Most beautiful his seen!"
You had sat Tate's rose on the table beside your bed, he would be with your dad by now, your father did forgive him but he was under tight rules and Tate only begged to continue seeing him. After appointments Tate would probably be sneaking around the basement soon after, or maybe he would come to your room, but today, you felt like it was one of his 'Tate let's check out the basement!' Days. So when you heard the chatter stop you walked downstairs, down to the basement to see if he was there.
"Boo!"He joked
He wore that ridiculous black suit, the one that had been in the attic but later was thrown out..
"Where'd you find that Tate?"
"Didn't I scare you?"He grinned as he pulled the horrid mask from his face
"No but where- my father, he threw it out"
"Finders keepers!"He grinned kissing your cheek
"Tate-"
"Why are you never scared?"Tate asked
He set up a board in the room, lighting candles happily.
"Do you think this will scare you?"
"No."
Tate pouted but continued to set up the board. Telling you a story, a bad story about Charles Montgomery, and his abortion clinic, as well as his interest..
"Tate? Can we go on a real date?"You blushed
Maybe you couldn't help it, you were falling in love.

-Chapter 7-
Word count: 334
Date Written: 14-10-17